For control of labeled mites and insects on labeled crops.
Store in original container in a cool, dry, and secure place. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not store near food or feed.
DECONTAMINATION AND DISPOSAL
For information on disposal of unused, unwanted product, or in the case of a spill or spill clean-up, contact the manufacturer or provincial regulatory agency.
AGRI-MEK SC is a suspension concentrate for control of labeled mites and insects in labeled crops.
Thorough coverage is essential for good mite and insect control. Consult the crop specific Directions for Use in the table below for adjuvant recommendations. Certain crops require application of 0.25-1% v/v horticultural oil in the spray mixture or 10-20 L of horticultural oil per hectare. Other crops require 0.1-0.5% v/v NIS (non-ionic surfactant) in the spray mixture. In all cases, use either the adjuvant rate as specified on the adjuvant label, or the values given here, whichever is more restrictive.
Proper adjuvant use is required on all crops to avoid illegal crop residues. Follow the crop specific directions for use to achieve thorough coverage and avoid illegal crop residues.
Adjuvant Chemistry Precaution: Adjuvant products formulated with binder or sticker type components may reduce the performance of AGRI-MEK SC.
Adjuvant Phytotoxicity Precaution: Since AGRI-MEK SC must always be mixed with a spray adjuvant as instructed in the directions above, and spray adjuvants alone are known to cause phytotoxicity to certain crops under certain environmental conditions, do not use AGRI-MEK SC on a spray-adjuvant sensitive crop unless the spray adjuvant supplier can confirm a known non-phytotoxic labeled use rate for the intended spray adjuvant on the target crop.
Pear and Apple Specific Precaution: Always tank mix AGRI-MEK SC with a spray oil registered for use on pears and apples.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
As this product is not registered for the control of pests in aquatic systems, DO NOT use to control aquatic pests.
DO NOT contaminate irrigation or drinking water supplies or aquatic habitats by cleaning of equipment or disposal of wastes.
It is important to check the physical compatibility of tank mixed pesticide products in a small volume prior to filling the sprayer. Check the compatibility of tank mixes containing AGRI-MEK SC using a jar test with proportionate amounts of mix partners, and water, before mixing in the spray tank.
1. Ensure that the sprayer interior is clean, then fill the spray tank with 1/2 the required amount of water and engage gentle agitation. Good agitation is indicated by a rippling or rolling action on the surface of the water.
2. Add any WG or DF formulation mix partners and agitate to ensure complete mixing.
3. Add AGRI-MEK SC and agitate to ensure complete mixing.
4. Add any additional SE or SC formulation mix partners and agitate to ensure complete mixing.
5. Add any EC formulation mix partners and agitate to ensure complete mixing.
6. Fill the tank to 3/4 the required amount of water.
7. Add any solution (SN or SL) formulation mix partners and agitate to ensure complete mixing.
8. Finish filling the sprayer with water, maintaining good agitation.
9. After any break in spraying operations, agitate thoroughly before spraying again.
10. Spray the pesticide suspension the same day as mixing.
11. Do not mix, load or clean spray equipment where there is a potential to contaminate wells or aquatic systems.
When using chemical handling equipment to fill the sprayer, the following additional recommendations apply:
WG and DF formulations are preferentially batch mixed.
SC, SN, and SL formulations may be inducted or batch mixed.
EC formulations are preferentially batch mixed.
|Registered for cultures||Rate||Preharvest Interval|
|Garlic||135 - 270 ml||30|
|Onions||135 - 270 ml||30|
|Shallots||135 - 270 ml||30|
|Chinese onions||135 - 270 ml||30|
|Pearl onions||135 - 270 ml||30|
|Celery||135 - 250 ml||14|
|Grapes||130 - 265 ml||28|