Emulsifiable Concentrate for Selective Weed Control
DISPOSAL OF UNUSED, UNWANTED PRODUCT
For information on disposal of unused, unwanted product, contact the manufacturer or the provincial regulatory agency. Contact the manufacturer and the provincial regulatory agency in case of a spill, and for clean-up of spills.
For recyclable containers:
Do not reuse this container for any purpose. This is a recyclable container, and is to be disposed of at a container collection site. Contact your local distributor/dealer or municipality for the location of the nearest collection site. Before taking the container to the collection site:
1. Triple- or pressure-rinse the empty container. Add the rinsings to the spray mixture in the tank.
2. Make the empty, rinsed container unsuitable for further use.
If there is no container collection site in your area, dispose of the container in accordance with provincial requirements.
For refillable containers:
For disposal, this container may be returned to the point of purchase (distributor/dealer). It must be refilled by the distributor/dealer with the same product. Do not use this container for any other purpose.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
CROP INFORMATION DUAL MAGNUM herbicide provides selective weed control in:
Corn (hybrid, silage, seed, sweet)
Dry common beans (Phaseolus vulgaris)
Snap common beans (yellow and green)
Sweet white lupins
Peas (grown for processing)
Fruit trees (bearing and non-bearing)
Second-year or older poplar stoolbeds
Second-year or older transplant or seedling stock of:
White Spruce, Norway Spruce, Black Spruce, White Pine, Jack Pine and Red Pine
Transplanted broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and mustard greens
Newly planted strawberries
Highbush blueberries (new and established plantings)
Outdoor Ornamentals (Woody and Herbaceous)
Asparagus (established beds)
Established conifers for field production
Field Cucumber (Direct seeded)
Pearl Millet for animal feed (grain or forage)
TIMING OF APPLICATION
PRAIRIES & INTERIOR B.C.
Pre-emergent if irrigated within 10 days
DO NOT APPLY BY AIR
PRE-PLANT SURFACE APPLICATION
- For minimum tillage (reduced tillage), and no-till (zero-till) systems in corn and soybeans.
- Applications may be made up to 30 days before planting.
- To the extent possible, do not move treated soil out of the row or move untreated soil to the surface during planting, or weed control will be diminished.
- Immediate incorporation is not necessary
- Incorporation equipment should include rolling or western harrows.
- On sandy soils, heavy rainfall following an incorporated treatment may cause leaching of the herbicide.
DUAL MAGNUM herbicide may be applied as an overall spray or as a band treatment. For band treatment, a suitable press wheel mounted ahead of the nozzle should be used for levelling the band. For band application, use proportionately less material.
- Apply evenly to a firm, lump-free seed bed.
- Rain is required within 10 days or a shallow cultivation or use of a rotary hoe is necessary.
- Pre-emergent applications may also be made in reduced tillage, ridge tillage, and no-till systems in corn and soybeans.
- Minimize exposure of untreated soil when cultivating or fertilizing.
- CORN ONLY
- Apply when corn is in the spike to 6-leaf stage and before weeds pass the 2-leaf stage.
- Some leaf burn may occur but yield will not be affected.
- DO NOT tank-mix DUAL MAGNUM herbicide with fluid fertilizers, oils, oil concentrates or surfactants when applying post-emergent.
- Do not graze/feed or harvest corn within 80 days of making a post-emergent application.
Do not apply to soils that contain less than 1% or more than 10% organic matter. Winter cereals may be planted 4 1/2 months following application. If drought conditions persist after either a pre-plant surface, pre-plant incorporated or pre-emergent application, annual grass control may not be adequate.
MIXING AND SPRAYING INSTRUCTIONS
Spray Pressure - 200 - 300 kPa
Spray Volume - minimum 150 litres per hectare. The use of higher water volumes and larger spray tip sizes will generally increase spray deposition and reduce drift.
Keep bypass line at bottom of tank to minimize foaming.
Use 16 mesh suction screens, 50 mesh line and tip screens.
1. Fill sprayer 1/2 full of carrier. Start gentle agitation.
2. Add wettable powder or wettable granule tank-mix partner, if applicable. Slurry with water first if using liquid fertilizers as the carrier.
3. Add liquid flowable tank mix partner, if applicable, and agitate thoroughly.
4. Fill tank 9/10 full of carrier and add DUAL MAGNUM herbicide and other emulsifiable concentrate or solution tank-mix partners.
5. Top off tank with carrier, maintain agitation and spray.
6. Do not let stand without agitation.
7. Sprayer equipment should be thoroughly flushed with clean water and drained before and after use of DUAL MAGNUM herbicide and its tank mixes.
Note: If using Fieldstar herbicide ensure that the water soluble packets and the Fieldstar herbicide are completely dissolved before proceeding to the next step.
|Registered for cultures||Rate||Preharvest Interval|
|Corn||1.25 - 1.75 l|
|Soybeans||1.15 - 1.75 l|
|Snap beans||1.15 - 1.75 l|
|Dry lima beans||1.15 - 1.75 l|
|Sugar beets||1.25 - 1.75 l||120|
|Rutabagas||1.25 - 1.75 l|
|Tomatoes||1.25 - 1.75 l||60|
|Lupines||1.1 - 1.75 l|
|Peas||1.25 - 1.75 l|
|Cabbage||1.25 - 1.75 l|
|Cauliflower||1.25 - 1.75 l|
|Broccoli||1.25 - 1.75 l|
|Strawberries||1.25 - 1.75 l||30|
|Beans||1.15 - 1.75 l||100|
|Kidney beans||0 l|
|Red beet||1.25 l|
|Peppers||1.15 - 1.75 l||80|
|Asparagus||1.55 - 1.75 l||16|
|Carrots||1.2 - 1.5 l||30|
|Mustard greens||1.2 - 1.5 l||30|
|Blueberries||1.25 - 1.75 l||30|
|Cantaloupe||1.15 - 1.75 l||60|
|Sweet corn||0 l||50|
|Sweet potatoes||1.25 - 1.75 l||105|
|Peanuts||1.15 - 1.55 l||90|