FOR SALE FOR USE IN THE PRAIRIE PROVINCES AND PEACE RIVER REGION OF BRITISH COLUMBIA ONLY
1. Store in original, tightly-closed container.
2. Do not ship or store the product near food, feed, seed or fertilizers.
3. Store in cool, dry, locked, well-ventilated area without floor drain.
4. Herbicides should be shipped or stored separately from other pesticides to avoid crosscontamination.
5. Facet L is stable under conditions of freezing and thawing. Should the product freeze, warm to 5 C temperature prior to use.
For Recyclable Containers
Do not reuse this container for any purpose. This is a recyclable container, and is to be disposed of at a container collection site. Contact your local distributor/dealer or municipality for the location of the nearest collection site. Before taking the container to the collection site:
1. Triple- or pressure-rinse the empty container. Add the rinsate to the spray mixture in the tank.
2. Make the empty, rinsed container unsuitable for further use.
If there is no container collection site in your area, dispose of the container in accordance with provincial requirements.
For disposal, this container may be returned to the point of purchase (distributor/dealer). It must be refilled by the distributor/dealer with the same product. Do not reuse this container for any other purpose.
For information on disposal of unused, unwanted product, contact the manufacturer or the provincial regulatory agency. Contact the manufacturer and the provincial regulatory agency in case of a spill, and for clean-up of spills.
Facet L is a soluble liquid herbicide for selective post emergence control of green foxtail (including Group 1, Group 2 and Group 3 resistant biotypes), volunteer flax, cleavers (including Group 2 resistant), barnyard grass and suppression of annual and perennial sow-thistle in the following crops:
spring and durum wheat
canola (Brassica napus – all varieties, including conventional, Clearfield, LibertyLink and Roundup Ready)
Facet L is a herbicide with mainly systemic action. Uptake into the plant occurs through both the foliage and root system. Thorough coverage of foliage is important for consistent weed control. Failure to penetrate crop or weed leaf canopies with the spray will result in inconsistent control of weeds growing underneath.
Visual symptoms of weed control of Facet L may take up to two weeks following application to develop. These symptoms include initial twisting to stunting, reddening and chlorosis at about 14 days followed by necrosis and death about 21 days after application. Even though Facet L symptoms may take some time to develop, competition from weeds treated with Facet L is eliminated soon after application.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Early treatment of weeds with Facet L is important to maximize crop yield potential through elimination of early weed competition. Some initial crop injury may be observed after application, but this is usually outgrown and should not affect crop yield.
Use sprayers equipped with standard flat fan or reduced drift nozzles with a spray volume of 100 L/ha at a constant pressure of 275-425 kPa. Tilt spray nozzles 45 degrees forward to ensure better coverage. The use of 50 mesh strainers and screens is recommended.
DO NOT apply by air.
Facet L can be applied to wheat (spring and durum), spring barley, canary seed, and canola (Brassica napus – all varieties, including conventional, Clearfield, LibertyLink and Roundup Ready) at rates detailed below. Apply Facet L when weeds are small and actively growing.
Apply in 100 L/ha of water with MERGE Adjuvant at a rate of 0.5 to 1% v/v (i.e. 5 – 10 L per 1000 L spray solution). The higher rate of MERGE Adjuvant is recommended for higher weed densities and when environmental conditions at the time of herbicide application may negatively impact herbicide uptake.
Use the 0.56 L/ha rate for control of volunteer flax, barnyard grass, cleavers, lighter infestations of green foxtail and suppression of annual and perennial sow-thistle. For wheat, use the higher rate of 0.69 L/ha for control of heavier infestations of green foxtail. Do not use the 0.69 L/ha rate on spring barley. The 0.69 L/ha rate may only be applied to spring and durum wheat and canary seed.
DO NOT apply Facet L to any field more often than every second year. This practice must be respected in order to avoid potential injury to future rotational crops, to minimize potential for carryover and accumulation of soil residues, and to reduce the selection pressure which could contribute to the development of resistant biotypes.
Due to the residual activity of Facet L in the soil, land treated with Facet L cannot be rotated to crops other than specified below. To avoid injury to rotational crops, the minimum recropping intervals must be followed.
MINIMUM RECROPPING INTERVALS
Crop - Minimum Recropping Interval (Months)
Wheat (spring, durum) (1) - 0
Spring barley (1) - 0
Field peas - 10
Sunflowers - 10
Canola - 10
Oats - 12
Flax - 22
Lentils - 22
(1) In the event of crop failure, only spring and durum wheat, andspring barley, may be planted in the same season in fields treated with Facet L.
Facet L should not be used on land where potatoes or vegetables are part of the rotation.
The company recommends that a field bioassay (a test strip grown to maturity) be conducted the year before growing any crops other than those listed above.
On lighter soils with low organic matter or under dry conditions, some crop injury may occur, particularly in flax and lentils, but will not reduce yield. Under these conditions, the minimum recropping interval for flax and lentils should be extended by 12 months.
1. Thoroughly clean the sprayer prior to use. For appropriate cleaning instructions, refer to the label of the product sprayed previous to application of Facet L.
2. Fill the clean spray tank half full with clean water. Start agitation or by-pass system. Agitation should be running during the entire mixing procedure.
3. Add the correct amount of Facet L and agitate 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the correct amount of MERGE adjuvant and agitate 2 to 3 minutes.
5. When tank mixing with ARES or glyphosate, always add Facet L first followed by ARES or glyphosate to the tank, then add MERGE adjuvant.
6. When tank mixing with LIBERTY 150 SN Herbicide and CENTURION, always add Facet L followed by AMIGO or MERGE adjuvant to the tank first, then add LIBERTY 150 SN Herbicide followed by CENTURION. For additional instructions when tank mixing with LIBERTY and CENTURION, refer to the LIBERTY and CENTURION labels.
7. Add remainder of water to the spray tank and maintain sufficient agitation during mixing and spraying to ensure a uniform spray mixture.
|Registered for cultures||Rate||Preharvest Interval|
|Spring barley||0.56 l||80|
|Winter wheat||0.56 - 0.69 l||77|
|Spring wheat||0.56 - 0.69 l||77|