Sencor 480 Soybean Flowable
FOR CONTROL OF CERTAIN GRASSES AND BROADLEAF WEEDS
FOR SALE FOR USE IN EASTERN CANADA ONLY
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
MIXING AND SPRAYING INSTRUCTIONS
- It is essential that the sprayer be properly calibrated before making application.
- Spray Pressure - 150 to 275 kPa.
- Spray Volume - refer to appropriate crop section for water volume.
- Use screens no finer than 0.3 mm (50 mesh) in nozzle and in-line strainers (felt filters, or smaller screens will become clogged). A 16 mesh screen is recommended for the filter on the inlet side of the pump.
- Nozzle tips should be no finer than 6502, 8002 or TK 2.
- Do not use airblast or other high pressure spray equipment to apply SENCOR 480 SOYBEAN FLOWABLE HERBICIDE.
- VIGOROUS, CONTINUOUS AGITATION IS ESSENTIAL FOR PROPER MIXING THROUGHOUT FILLING AND SPRAYING OPERATIONS. Return line agitation is not sufficient. Sparge tube, jet or mechanical agitation is required. Agitation should be sufficient to create a rippling or rolling action on the surface. A pump must be of sufficient capacity to provide adequate volume through the by-pass and/or jet agitation system to provide sufficient agitation even while the booms are operating.
- The sprayer should be checked frequently during application to be sure it is working properly and delivering a uniform spray pattern.
- Avoid over-laps that will increase dosages above those recommended.
- DO NOT APPLY BY AIR.
Before mixing SENCOR 480 SOYBEAN FLOWABLE HERBICIDE and its labelled tank-mixtures, examine the spray equipment making sure it is completely clean and free of rust or corrosion. To ensure the equipment is free of any residues from previously used pesticides, flush lines with clean water or recommended detergents. Use an approved method for disposing of rinse water.
Refer to the other product label for pertinent recommendations regarding mixing procedures. The proper mixing sequence for SENCOR 480 SOYBEAN FLOWABLE HERBICIDE and recommended tank-mixtures is as follows:
1. Fill the spray tank or nurse tank 1/4 full with water.
2. Start recirculation and agitation system and continue throughout mixing and application.
3. Add recommended amount of SENCOR 480 SOYBEAN FLOWABLE HERBICIDE.
4. If tank-mixing with wettable powders or other dry flowable products refer to these product labels for specific mixing instructions.
5. Fill the spray tank with water to the desired level.
6. If tank-mixing with emulsifiable concentrates or soluble products, add these products near end of filling the spray tank.
7. Continue agitation during transport and application until the spray tank is empty.
SENCOR 480 SOYBEAN FLOWABLE HERBICIDE and all registered mixtures should be kept agitated once mixed and then sprayed out immediately. Do not allow mixtures to stand for prolonged periods of time. Water quality, pH, temperature and/or other components of the mixture may affect how long the mixture can stand before application.
NOTE: If spraying and agitation is stopped before the spray tank is empty, the suspended material will settle to the bottom of the tank. When spraying must be interrupted, it is recommended to maintain agitation until spraying resumes. If agitation must be stopped before the spray tank is empty, follow these steps to resume spraying:
1. Remove main filter.
2. Mechanically mix spray solution (i.e., paddle) prior to restarting pump. Ensure that loose sediment is moved out to the sump area.
3. Start agitation on full.
4. Paddle corners of the tank.
5. Reinstall main filter.
At the end of each spray day, rinse out the tank and sprayer lines with water.
Do not enter or allow re-entry into treated areas until 12 hours after application. Exception: If the product is soilinjected or soil-incorporated, workers may enter the treated area if there will be no contact with anything that has been treated.
It is recommended that this product not be applied in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only handlers wearing personal protective equipment may be in the area during application.
SPRAY DRIFT MANAGEMENT
Field sprayer application: DO NOT apply during periods of dead calm or when winds are gusty. DO NOT apply with spray droplets smaller than the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE) medium classification.
0 - 0
0.85 - 2.25