FOR USE IN CANADA ON SUGAR BEETS AND GARDEN BEETS AND ROOT CHICKORY IN ONTARIO ONLY
Store product in original container only, away from other pesticides, fertilizer, food or feed. Not for use or storage in or around the home. Keep container closed.
1. Triple or pressure-rinse the emptied container. Add the rinsings to the spray mixture in the tank.
2. Follow provincial instructions for any required additional cleaning of the container prior to its disposal.
3. Make the empty container unsuitable for further use.
4. Dispose of the container in accordance with provincial requirements.
5. For further information on the disposal of unused, unwanted product, contact the manufacturer or the provincial regulatory agency. Contact the manufacturer and the provincial regulatory agency in case of a spill and for clean-up of spills.
UPBEET Herbicide should only be used in accordance with the recommendations on this label. Injury to or loss of desirable trees or vegetation may result from failure to observe the following: Do not apply or drain or flush equipment on or near desirable trees or other plants, or on areas where their roots may extend, or in locations where the chemical may be washed or moved into contact with their roots. Do not use on lawns, walks, driveways, tennis courts, or similar areas. Prevent drift of spray to desirable plants. Do not contaminate any body of water, including irrigation water. Keep from contact with fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides and seeds.
APPLY UPBEET HERBICIDE WITH A RECOMMENDED SURFACTANT.
DO NOT APPLY BY AIR.
When mixing, loading or applying, wear a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, shoes and socks. In addition, wear chemical resistant gloves and face shield or safety glasses for mixing and loading.
Carefully observe sprayer cleanup instructions, as spray tank residue may damage crops other than sugar beets.
UPBEET Herbicide is a dry flowable granular formulation to be mixed in water and applied postemergent to sugar beets for selective or partial control, of broadleaf and grass weeds. UPBEET Herbicide is non-corrosive, non-flammable, non-volatile, and does not freeze.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
NOTE TO BUYER/USER: READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT FOR SPECIAL USE APPLICATIONS.
The Directions for Use for this product for the use described on this Label were developed by persons other than DuPont Canada Inc. and accepted for registration by Health Canada under the User Requested Minor Use Registration Program. E. I du Pont Canada Company itself makes no representation of warranty with respect to product performance (efficacy) and crop tolerance (phytotoxicity) of this product when used on the crop listed on this Label. Accordingly, the Buyer and User assume all liability arising, and agree to hold E. I du Pont Canada Company harmless from any claims based on efficacy or phytotoxicity in connection with this use described on this Label.
UPBEET Herbicide can be safely applied to sugar beets any time after planting and after weeds have emerged. Apply no later than 60 days before harvest. Tankmix partners will vary in their preharvest intervals. Always refer to the mix partner label and use the most restrictive interval.
Chlorosis (yellowing) of the crop may be observed following an application of UPBEET Herbicide but the effect is only temporary.
UPBEET Herbicide may be applied at a broadcast rate of 35 - 70 grams per hectare. Use the higher rate as weed size or population increases. The maximum use rate of UPBEET Herbicide is 100 grams per hectare per growing season.
If UPBEET Herbicide is to be applied alone, an adjuvant must be included. A non-ionic surfactant such as AGRAL 90, AG-SURF or CITOWETT PLUS or the adjuvant SURE-MIX may be applied at 0.25% v/v (2.5 litres per 1000 litres of spray solution).
All dosages are expressed as broadcast rates. For band treatment, use proportionately less. For example, for a 20 cm band on a 60 cm row, use one-third (1/3) of the broadcast rate. Wider bandwidths may result in better overall weed control on fields with high weed populations.
WEED CONTROLLED WITH UPBEET HERBICIDE + ADJUVANT
Velvetleaf Two applications would be necessary.
TANKMIX WITH BETAMIX
For control of additional weeds, make two (2) sequential applications with the following tankmix:
UPBEET Herbicide 35 - 70 grams per hectare
BETAMIX 1.75 - 3.5 litres per hectare
Applications should be made 5 - 10 days apart or as weeds germinate. Use a close sequential application if the first application was on weeds with four (4) leaves. The total grams of product applied must not exceed 100 g/ha per growing season.
Do not use an adjuvant when tank mixing BETAMIX with UPBEET Herbicide.
To avoid product degradation, apply UPBEET Herbicide spray mixture within 24 hours of preparation. When using tank mix partners, follow the most restrictive label.
Select a spray volume that will ensure thorough coverage and uniform spray pattern. Use a minimum of 100 litres of water per hectare.
1. Fill the tank 1/4 to 1/3 full with fresh water.
2. Add the recommended amount of UPBEET Herbicide to the spray tank with the agitator running. Continue agitation for at least five minutes, until UPBEET Herbicide is fully dispersed. UPBEET Herbicide should be thoroughly mixed with water before adding any other material.
3. As the tank is being filled, add tank mix partners. Add adjuvants last, if needed.
4. Triple rinse all empty containers at this time and add rinsate to spray tank.
5. If the mixture is not continually agitated, settling will occur. If settling occurs, thoroughly reagitate before using.
6. For repeat tank loads, ensure that the amount of spray solution left in the tank from the previous load is less than 10% of the volume about to be mixed. Fill tank with fresh water as described in step 2 and continue as directed. Emulsifiable concentrates may make dispersion of UPBEET Herbicide more difficult. For that reason, tank heels of the previous tankmix should be kept to 10% or less of the spray tank volume.
NOTE: Continuous agitation is required to keep UPBEET Herbicide in suspension. Use 50 mesh or finer strainer and nozzle screens. Make sure screens are clean prior to using UPBEET Herbicide.
In some cases, tank mixing a pest control product with another pest control product or a fertilizer can result in biological effects that could include, but are not limited to: reduced pest efficacy or increased host crop injury. The user should contact E.I du Pont Canada Company at 1-800-667-3925 for information before mixing any pesticide or fertilizer that is not specifically recommended on this label. The user assumes the risk of losses that result from the use of tank mixes that do not appear on this label or that are not specifically recommended by E.I du Pont Canada Company.
1. In case of crop failure, only sugar beets may be replanted 30 days after application of UPBEET Herbicide. However, if a total of 100 g/ha of UPBEET has already been applied to the first crop of sugar beets, then no more UPBEET Herbicide may be applied to the second crop of sugar beets.
2. Cereal crops (spring wheat, durum wheat, winter wheat, barley) may be planted the following year after application of UPBEET Herbicide.
3. For all other crops, a field bioassay must be conducted. A successful field bioassay means growing to maturity a test strip of the crop(s) intended for production the following year.
0 - 0
35 - 70
Red beets, beetroots
0 - 0
35 - 70
0 - 0
35 - 70