A water-dispersible granule containing 50% w/w triflusulfuron-methyl, a sulfonylurea.
For use only as an agricultural herbicide for the control of certain broad-leaved weeds and volunteer rape in sugar beet.fodder beet and mangolds.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- FARMCO BEET-CLEAN must not be applied to any crop suffering from stress as a result of drought, water- logging, low temperatures, pest or disease attack, nutrient or lime deficiency or other factors reducing crop growth
- Due to the high level of activity of the herbicide, special care must be taken to avoid damage by drift onto plants outside the target area, or onto surface waters or ditches. Thorough cleansing of equipment is also very important - see below.
- Apply no more than four times to any sugar beet crop
- Following Crops - After applying FARMCO BEET-CLEAN to a sugar beet, fodder beet or mangold crop, only cereals should be sown in the same calendar year. Any crop may be sown or planted in the following spring after a sugar beet crop treated with FARMCO BEET-CLEAN.
- Crop Failure - In the event of crop failure for any reason, sow only spring barley, linseed or sugar beet within four months of application of FARMCO BEET-CLEAN, provided this agrees with the recommendations of any partner product.
FARMCO BEET-CLEAN works mainly by foliar action. Used in conjunction with a suitable adjuvant or tankmix herbicide partner, it controls a wide range of broad-leaved weeds. It is most effective if applied when the weeds are small and actively growing. Good spray cover of weeds must be obtained.
Susceptible plants cease growth almost immediately after application and symptoms can be seen about 5 to 10 days after application. Best results are achieved when FARMCO BEET-CLEAN plus adjuvant or approved tank-mix partner are applied in a programme of up to four sequential sprays.
It is important to identify the weeds occurring in the crop and refer to the weed table to ensure that the weeds present are those susceptible to FARMCO BEET-CLEAN plus appropriate tank-mix partner. The susceptibility ratings of weeds in the following table refer to good spray cover and good growing conditions, with weed size of up to 2 true leaves.
When herbicides with the same mode of action are used repeatedly over several years in the same field, selection of resistant biotypes can take place. These can propagate and may become dominating. A weed species is considered resistant to a herbicide if it survives a correctly-applied treatment at the recommended dose. For the control of Corn Marigold and Chickweed, this product must always be applied in a mixture with an alternate mode of action herbicide at recommended rates.
Development of resistance within a weed species can be avoided or delayed by alternating (or tank mixing) with suitable products having a different mode of action.
FARMCO BEET-CLEAN can be used on all varieties of sugar beet, fodder beet and mangolds at the growth stages given below.
The first application should be made in the spring when the first weeds have emerged. Subsequent applications should be made every 5 - 14 days when new flushes of weeds are at or just past the cotyledon stage.
Do not apply FARMCO BEET-CLEAN after the crop has met between the rows.
Do not apply FARMCO BEET-CLEAN more than four times to any sugar beet, fodder beet or mangold crop.
FARMCO BEET-CLEAN mixtures can be applied from the early cotyledon stage of sugar beet, fodder beet or mangolds as part of a planned programme following pre-emergence application of FARMCO LENZO FLO or chloridazon-based products at commercially recommended doses.
FARMCO BEET-CLEAN can be used on all soil types. Weed control may be reduced when soil conditions are very dry.
Avoid high light intensity (full sunlight) and high temperatures (above 21°C) on the day of spraying. Avoid periods of substantial day to night temperature changes or when frost is expected.
FARMCO BEET-CLEAN should be applied at 30 g/ha in conjunction with a recommended adjuvant or suitable herbicide tank-mix partner(s).
VOLUME AND APPLICATION
BEFORE USING FARMCO BEET-CLEAN, SPRAYING EQUIPMENT MUST BE CLEAN AND FREE FROM CONTAMINATION WITH OTHER PESTICIDES. OVERALL APPLICATION FARMCO BEET-CLEAN should be applied overall in 80 - 150 litres of water per hectare, using suitable equipment to give a FINE spray, as defined by BCPC. Good, even spray cover of the weeds is essential for best results. When applying FARMCO BEET-CLEAN, care should be taken not to overlap spray swaths. BAND APPLICATION Similar doses, water volumes and spray quality should be used as in overall application, but the area covered will be dependent upon the row spacing and bandwidth. Careful calibration is essential to achieve best results.
0 - 0
30 - 30
0 - 0
30 - 30
0 - 0
30 - 30