- Farmco Agritrading
- Registered until
- Registration expired
- Registration number
- Active materials
- tribenuron-methyl500 g/kg
A soluble granule containing 500g/kg tribenuronmethyl, a sulfonylurea, for broad-leaved weed control in wheat, oats, barley, durum wheat, triticale, winter rye and set-aside areas.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- FARMCO ZEUS should not be applied to any crop suffering from stress as a result of drought, waterlogging, low temperatures, pest or disease attack, nutrient or lime deficiency or other factors reducing crop growth.
- Do not use FARMCO ZEUS on cereal crops undersown with grasses, clover or other legumes or any other broad-leaved crop.
- Due to the high level of activity of the herbicide, special care must be taken to avoid damage by drift onto broad-leaved plants outside the target area, or onto ponds, waterways or ditches. Thorough cleansing of equipment is also very important – see below.
- Contract agents should be consulted before using on crops grown for seed.
- FARMCO ZEUS should not be applied within 7 days of rolling the crop.
- Do not apply FARMCO ZEUS more than once to any cereal crop.
- All requirements or restrictions on other product labels must be adhered to when applied to the same crop as FARMCO ZEUS.
FARMCO ZEUS contains tribenuron methyl, a sulfonylurea herbicide, which works mainly by contact action and is most effective if applied when the weeds are small and actively growing. Good spray cover of the weeds must be obtained for best results. Susceptible plants cease growth almost immediately after application and symptoms can be seen about two weeks after application. Weed control may be reduced when soil conditions are very dry. The susceptibility rating of weeds in the following table refer to good spray cover and good growing conditions.
In addition to the above weeds, volunteer beans and oilseed rape will be controlled by a dose of 10g/h.
When herbicides with the same mode of action are used repeatedly over several years in the same field, selection of resistant biotypes can take place. These can propagate and may become dominating. A weed species is considered resistant to a herbicide if it survives a correctly applied treatment at the recommended dose. Development of resistance with a weed species can be avoided or delayed by alternating (or tank mixing) with suitable products having a different mode of action. For control of Corn Marigold or Chickweed this product must always be applied with an alternative mode of action product at recommended rates. A strategy for preventing and managing resistance should be adopted. Further details and advice on how to implement such a strategy may be obtained from your crop advisor or chemical supplier. The Herbicide Resistance Action Committee (HRAC) also produced guidelines which may be consulted for additional information.
Cereals - FARMCO ZEUS can be used post-emergence on all varieties of wheat, barley, oats, winter rye, durum wheat, triticale and set-aside areas at the growth stages given below. Set Aside Areas - FARMCO ZEUS can be used for broad-leaved weed control in set-aside land within current guidelines. Only cereals may be sown in the same calendar year to set-aside land treated with FARMCO ZEUS.
Only cereals, oilseed rape, field beans or grass may be sown in the same calendar year as harvest of a cereal crop treated with FARMCO ZEUS. In case of crop failure for any reason, sow only cereals within three months of application of FARMCO ZEUS. Before sowing, soil should be ploughed and cultivated to a depth of at least 15-cm.
TIMING -FARMCO ZEUS may be applied from the three-leaf stage (GS 13) and including the flag leaf fully emerged stage of growth (GS 39). DOSE - Apply FARMCO ZEUS at 30 grams/hectare.
VOLUME AND APPLICATION - BEFORE USING FARMCO ZEUS, SPRAYING EQUIPMENT MUST BE CLEAN AND FREE FROM CONTAMINATION WITH OTHER PESTICIDES. Application should be made in 100-200 litres of water per hectare, using suitable ground equipment to give good spray cover of the weeds. When crops are thick or weed growth is dense, use 400 litres of water per hectare. Care should be taken not to overlap spray swaths.
MIXING - Quarter fill the spray tank with water, start the agitation and add the required quantity of FARMCO ZEUS directly to the tank without prior creaming. Continue agitation while topping up the tank and while spraying.
COMPATIBILITY - In any tank-mix add FARMCO ZEUS to the tank first and ensure it is fully dispersed before adding the partner product. Do not allow FARMCO ZEUS to come into contact with undiluted pesticide concentrate. Products should only be tank-mixed if each product can be applied within the label recommendations for its use.
SPRAY TANK CLEAN-OUT
POOR CLEANOUT PRACTICES AND INSUFFICIENT WATER VOLUMES USED FOR THE RINSE PROCEDURE MAY RESULT IN INADEQUATE REMOVAL OF PRODUCT DEPOSITS. SUBSEQUENT USE OF APPLICATION EQUIPMENT IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES MAY RESULT IN DAMAGE TO NON-CEREAL CROPS.
TO AVOID SUBSEQUENT DAMAGE TO CROPS OTHER THAN CEREALS, IMMEDIATELY AFTER SPRAYING FARMCO ZEUS THOROUGHLY CLEAN ALL SPRAY EQUIPMENT, INCLUDING INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF LID, USING THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE:
Always start with a clean tank and spray system. Clean spray equipment thoroughly immediately after use.
1. Thoroughly and completely rinse all interior tank surfaces (including lid) with water (use at least 10% of the tank capacity), taking care to remove any visible deposits. Flush pump, filters and boom after removing in-line strainers, nozzle tips and screens (clean these parts separately). Drain the remainder of the rinsate from the tank.
2. Repeat the rinse, flush and drain.
3. Dispose of washings safely. Do not spray onto sensitive crop or land intended for cropping with sensitive crop. Note: Consult label tank cleanup procedures for all tank mix partners and be sure to use the most rigorous procedure recommended.
|Registered for cultures||Rate|
|Winter wheat||30 g|
|Spring wheat||30 g|
|Spring barley||30 g|
|Winter barley||30 g|
|Spring oats||30 g|
|Winter oats||30 g|
|Winter rye||30 g|
|Winter triticale||30 g|
|Spring triticale||30 g|