A water dispersible granule (WG) formulation containing 60% w/w mecoprop-P and 1.5% w/w carfentrazone-ethyl for the control of broad-leaved weeds in winter and spring wheat, barley and oats.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
IMPORTANT : This information is approved as part of the Product Label. All instructions within this section must be read carefully in order to obtain safe and successful use of this product.
- Avoid overlapping spray swaths
- Do not apply Platform S to crops under stress from drought, waterlogging, cold, pests or diseases, nutrient or lime deficiency or other factors reducing plant growth.
- The crop should not be rolled or harrowed within a few days before and after spraying.
- Do not spray on winter wheat, winter barley, winter oats, spring wheat, spring barley or spring oats, undersown with clover or other legumes or any broad-leaved crop.
- Extreme care should be taken to avoid damage by drift onto plants outside the target area
Because some non-target plants are sensitive to Platform S, spray drift must be avoided on to nearby susceptible broad-leaved plants outside the target area, or on to ponds, waterways and ditches. Thorough cleaning of equipment is also important
Strains of some annual weeds have developed resistance to herbicides, which may lead to poor control. A strategy for preventing and managing such resistance should be adopted. To prevent the development of resistant weeds, herbicides with different modes of action must be used when applying ‘Platform S’ in sequence. Treat weeds when they are small and actively growing and investigate any unexplained incidences of poor weed control for possible resistance
The total amount of mecoprop-P applied to an individual crop, or in a single year in the case of a perennial crop, must not exceed the maximum total dose of mecoprop-P approved for application to that crop by any single mecoprop-P containing product
Crop safety and timing
Platform S can be used on all varieties of winter wheat, winter barley, winter oats, spring wheat, spring barley and spring oats from the two leaf stage of the crop (GS12) to before the 3rd node detectable stage (before GS33). Platform S can be used on seed crops.
Platform S should be applied when weeds have germinated and are growing vigorously under warm moist conditions.
Dose, Volume and Application
Dose: 1 kg Platform S / ha.
Volume: 200-400 litres of water per hectare ensuring that good overall coverage of the weeds is achieved. Use the higher volume where the crop or weed infestation is dense.
Pressure: 2-3 bars.
Spray Quality: MEDIUM (as defined by BCPC)
Mixing: Half fill the spray tank with clean water. Commence agitation. Steadily and slowly add the recommended quantity of product to the spray tank (pre-mixing is not necessary). Maintain continuous agitation during mixing. Complete filling and maintain agitation of the suspension before and during spraying until the tank is empty
Number of applications: One per crop
Applications must not be made between 1 October and 1 March
Latest time of application: Before the third node detectable stage (GS 33).
Succeeding and replacement crops
There is no restriction on the planting of any succeeding or rotational crop 3 months after the application of Platform S. All cereals, maize, oilseed rape, peas, vetch and sunflower can be sown 1 month after a spring application of Platform S
Spray tank clean-out
To avoid damage to crops other than cereals, thoroughly clean all spray equipment (including inside and outside of the lid), using clean water:
1. Immediately after spraying of Platform S, drain tank completely. Any contamination of the outside of the spraying equipment should be removed by washing with water to which should be added a commercially available cleaning agent.
2. Rinse inside of tank with clean water, to which should be added a commercially available cleaning agent (eg., All ClearTM Extra), and flush through boom and hoses using at least one tenth of the spray tank volume. Drain tank completely. Repeat operation.
3. Do not contaminate surface waters or ditches with rinse water or empty containers
|Registered for cultures||Rate||BBCH|
|Winter wheat||1 kg||12 - 33|
|Spring wheat||1 kg||12 - 33|
|Spring barley||1 kg||12 - 33|
|Winter barley||1 kg||12 - 33|
|Spring oats||1 kg||12 - 33|
|Winter oats||1 kg||12 - 33|