Agrobase New Zealand
Ascend Registration date unavailable
BASF - Insecticide

General Information
ASCEND is an insecticide with good residual activity for the control of diamond back moth and white butterfly on vegetable brassica, Kelly's citrus thrip in citrus, mushroom flies (sciarids, cecids and phorids) in mushrooms, and thrips in onions. Because of its unique mode of action ASCEND is effective against insect pests that have developed resistance to conventional insecticides.

Mode of Action
ASCEND has both contact and stomach activity but is particularly effective by way of ingestion. The active ingredient, fipronil, acts on the central nervous system of the insect by interfering with chloride ion transfer through the GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) regulated chloride channel of the nerve cells.

ASCEND is compatible with a wide range of fungicides, insecticides, surfactants and foliar fertilisers used in vegetable brassica. If unsure, seek advice before use.

Shake the container well before use. Add the required quantity of ASCEND to a half-filled spray tank of clean water. Top up with water, add an adjuvant where recommended, and mix thoroughly before use.

Thorough spray coverage of all foliage is essential for optimal results. Dilution rates are for high volume spraying to run-off. For concentrate spraying, adjust dilution rates accordingly.

Apply with well-maintained and accurately calibrated equipment. Clean out application equipment thoroughly after use.

Other Limitations
ASCEND is a POISON. Keep out of reach of children.

First Aid
If swallowed do NOT induce vomiting. For advice, contact the National Poisons Centre 0800 POISON (0800 764 766) or a doctor immediately. If skin or hair contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and flush skin and hair with running water. If splashed in eyes, wash out immediately with water. If inhaled move the victim to fresh air immediately. Begin artificial respiration if breathing has stopped.

Protection of wildlife, fish, crustaceans and environment
VERY TOXIC TO AQUATIC ORGANISMS. Do NOT contaminate surface water such as ponds, waterways or drains with product or used container. Do NOT spray over, or allow drift over, surface water. Do NOT contaminate water when disposing of equipment wash waters. VERY TOXIC TO TERRESTRIAL INVERTEBRATES. Toxic to bees. Spray must NOT contact plants in flower if they are likely to be visited by bees.

Safety Directions
When mixing and preparing spray, wear cotton overalls buttoned to the neck and wrist, a washable hat, boots, impervious gloves, and goggles or face shield. Avoid contact with skin or inhalation of spray mist. Wash splashes of concentrate from skin and eyes immediately. Do NOT eat, drink or smoke while using this product. Remove protective clothing and wash hands and exposed skin thoroughly with soap and water before meals and after work. Wash protective clothing immediately after use. Store work clothing separately.

Store in original container, tightly closed, in a cool, well ventilated area away from food, feedstuffs, animals, or fertilisers, and under lock and key. Do NOT store in direct sunlight and protect from frost. Stores containing more than 100 litres require emergency response plans and secondary containment systems, and are subject to signage. When stored appropriately this product should show no significant degradation for two years from the date of manufacture. Contact your supplier for further information about the use of product that is older than this.

Triple rinse container and add residue to the spray tank. Burn rinsed container in an appropriate incinerator if circumstances, especially wind direction, permit. Otherwise crush and bury in a suitable landfill. Product: Dispose of this product only by using according to the label or at an approved landfill. Do NOT burn.

SPILLAGE: Extinguish all ignition sources, evacuate the spill area, and prevent any product from entering drains. Wear appropriate protective clothing. Use a full-face mask with an organic vapour canister if ventilation is inadequate. Absorb spill with an inert material (such as vermiculite, clay granules or synthetic absorbent) and place in a labelled, sealable container for disposal. Wash the spill area with water and an alkaline detergent, then absorb the washings and place in the same sealable container. Dispose of the container in an approved landfill or under at least 50cm of soil in a non-crop, non-pasture area away from water sources and homes.

This substance may be harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. May cause eye irritation. May cause damage to the nervous system from repeated oral exposure at high doses. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing, and inhalation of spray mist.

0 - 0
Registred norm
0 - 0
Preharvest Interval
0 - 0
Registred norm
150 - 200
Preharvest Interval