DIRECTIONS FOR USE
It is a violation of Federal law to use Forfeit 280 in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Do not use Forfeit 280 until you have read the entire label. Do not apply Forfeit 280 in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may be in the area during application. For any requirements specific to your State or Tribe, consult the agency responsible for pesticide regulation. In the State of New York Only: Not For Use In Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
Forfeit 280 is a water-soluble herbicide for application as a foliar spray for the control of a broad spectrum of emerged annual and perennial grass and broadleaf weeds in LibertyLink canola, LibertyLink corn, LibertyLink cotton, and LibertyLink soybean, and in trees, vines, and berries. Forfeit 280 may be applied for potato vine desiccation. Forfeit 280 may also be applied as a broadcast burndown application before planting or prior to emergence of any conventional or transgenic variety of canola, sweet corn*, corn, cotton, olive, rice*, soybean, or sugar beet.
*Not for use in California.
Forfeit 280 is only foliar-active with little or no activity in soil. Weeds that emerge after application will not be controlled. Apply Forfeit 280 to actively growing weeds as described in the Weed Control Recommendations for Row Crops section to get maximum weed control. Uniform, thorough spray coverage is necessary to achieve consistent weed control. Necrosis of leaves and young shoots occur within 2 to 4 days after application under good growing conditions.
• Forfeit 280 is rainfast 4 hours after application to most weed species; therefore, rainfall within 4 hours may necessitate retreatment or may result in reduced weed control.
• Applications should be made between dawn and 2 hours before sunset to avoid the possibility of reduced lambsquarters and velvetleaf control.
• Consult your local Cooperative Extension Service or Loveland Products, Inc. representative for guidelines on the optimum application timing for Forfeit 280 in your region.
• Weed control may be reduced if application is made when heavy dew, fog, and mist/rain are present; or when weeds are under stress due to environmental conditions such as drought, cool temperatures, or extended periods of cloudiness.
• To maximize weed control, do not cultivate from 5 days before an application to 7 days after an application.
Tank Mix Instructions: Forfeit 280 may be applied in tank mix combinations with labeled rates of other products provided these other products are labeled for the timing and method of application for the crop to be treated. The tank mix partner must be used in accordance with the label limitations and precautions. No label dosage rates may be exceeded. Forfeit 280 cannot be mixed with any product containing a label prohibition against such mixing. Refer to the specific crop section for rates and other restrictions. Forfeit 280 must be applied with properly calibrated and clean equipment. Forfeit 280 is formulated to mix readily in water. Prior to adding Forfeit 280 to the spray tank, ensure that the spray tank is thoroughly clean, particularly if an herbicide with the potential to injure crops was previously used (see Cleaning Instructions).
Mix Forfeit 280 with water to make a finished spray solution as follows:
1. Fill the spray tank half full with water.
2. Start agitation.
3. If mixing with a flowable/wettable powder tank mix partner, prepare a slurry of the proper amount of the product in a small amount of water. Add the slurry to the spray tank.
4. Add the appropriate amount of ammonium sulfate (AMS) to the spray tank.
5. If mixing with a liquid tank mix partner, add the liquid mix partner next.
6. Complete filling the spray tank with water.
7. Add the proper amount of Forfeit 280 and continue agitation.
8. If foaming occurs, use a silicone-based antifoam agent.
Ensure that all spray system lines including pipes, booms, etc. have the correct concentration of spray solution by flushing out the spray system lines before starting the crop application.
If tank mix partners recommended on this label are added, maintain good agitation at all times until contents of the tank are sprayed. If the spray mixture is allowed to settle, thorough agitation is required to resuspend the mixture before spraying is resumed. Keep bypass line on or near bottom of tank to minimize foaming. Screen size in nozzles or line strainers must be 50 mesh or larger.
|Registered for cultures|