Willowood Bentazon 4
Willowood Bentazon 4 is a selective herbicide, for postemergence control of listed sedges and broadleaf weeds in beans, peanuts, corn, clover grown for seed (Washington and Oregon only), peas, rice, soybeans, sorghum, spearmint and peppermint.
As Willowood Bentazon 4 controls through contact with the target weed, thorough coverage of weeds with spray solution is essential for an effective application.
All crops listed in this label are tolerant to Willowood Bentazon 4. Treatment of listed crops may cause bronzing or leaf speckling, although crops will usually recover within 10 days. Crops will develop normally and crop vigor will not be affected.
Application equipment must be thoroughly cleaned before and after applying Willowood Bentazon 4 as follows:
1. Use a commercial spray equipment cleaner or a strong detergent in accordance with the manufacturer's directions.
2. Triple rinse application equipment prior to and after application.
RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL CROPS
• Do NOT exceed the maximum seasonal use rate of 4 pints of Willowood Bentazon 4 per acre (2 pounds active ingredient), per season, from all sources.
• Willowood Bentazon 4 must NOT be applied through an irrigation system of any type.
• Do NOT enter or allow worker entry into treated areas during the Restricted Entry Interval (REI) of 48 hours.
• Unsatisfactory control of target species may result if Willowood Bentazon 4 is applied to weeds suffering stress caused by injury from previously applied pesticide(s), drought, other mechanical injury or cold temperatures.
• Do NOT apply Willowood Bentazon 4 if crops in the treatment area are suffering stress due to flooding, drought, widely varying temperatures, hail damage or injury from previously applied pesticide(s) as crop damage may result.
• Do NOT apply Willowood Bentazon 4 to crops injured by other pesticide product treatment(s) (e.g. plant stunting or phytoxicity) as previously caused injury may be prolonged and/or enhanced.
• Overhead irrigation or precipitation within 4 hours of treatment with this product may reduce the effect of Willowood Bentazon 4 in controlling target weed species.
|Registered for cultures|