Affix 250 SC
- Registered until
- Registration number
- Active materials
- 250 g/l
For the control of various diseases of grapes, potatoes, tomatoes, cucurbits, avocados, mangoes, passionfruit and poppies as specified in the Directions for Use table.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Restraint: DO NOT apply by air except on potatoes.
- Affix 250 SC is extremely phytotoxic to certain apple varieties.
- AVOID SPRAY DRIFT. Extreme care must be used to prevent injury to apple trees.
- DO NOT spray Affix 250 SC where spray drift may reach apple trees.
- DO NOT spray when conditions favour drift beyond the area intended for application. Conditions that may contribute to drift include thermal inversions, excessive wind speed, certain sprayer nozzle/pressure combinations, small spray droplet size etc.
- DO NOT use spray equipment that has been previously used to apply Affix 250 SC to spray apple trees. Even trace amounts can cause unacceptable phytotoxicity.
DO NOT use concentration factors exceeding 4X when applying through low volume application equipment, except when applying Affix 250 SC by air. In these cases adequate coverage of all plant surfaces is still required to achieve control of diseases.
TREE CROPS AND VINES
Dilute spraying: Use a sprayer designed to apply high volumes of water up to the point of runoff and matched to the crop being sprayed. Set up and operate the sprayer to achieve even coverage throughout the crop canopy. Apply sufficient water to cover the crop to the point of run-off. Avoid excessive run-off. The required water volume may be determined by applying different test volumes, using different settings on the sprayer, from industry guidelines or expert advice. Add the amount of product specified in the Direction for Use table for each 100 L of water. Spray to the point of run-off. The required dilute spray volume will change and the sprayer set up and operation may also need to be changed, as the crop grows.
Concentrate spraying: Use a sprayer designed and set up for concentrate spraying (that is a sprayer which applies water volumes less than those required to reach the point of run-off) and matched to the crop being sprayed. Set up and operate the sprayer to achieve even coverage throughout the crop canopy using your chosen water volume. Determine an appropriate dilute spray volume (see Dilute spraying above) for the crop canopy. This is needed to calculate the concentrate mixing rate. The mixing rate for concentrate spraying can then be calculated in the following way:
1. Dilute spray volume as determined above: for example 1000 L/ha
2. Your chosen concentrate spray volume: for example 500 L/ha
3. The concentration factor in this example is:
2 x (ie 1000 L ÷ 500 L = 2)
4. If the dilute label rate is 80 mL/100 L, then the concentrate rate becomes 2 x 80, that is 160 mL/100 L of concentrate spray.
The chosen spray volume, amount of product per 100 L of water, and the sprayer set up and operation may need to be changed as the crop grows. For further information on concentrate spraying, users are advised to consult relevant industry guidelines, undertake appropriate competency training and follow industry Best Practices.
Half-fill the spray tank with clean water and start agitation. Shake the closed Affix 250 SC container. Whilst filling the remainder of the spray tank add the required amount of Affix 250 SC, adding any tank mix products last. Maintain agitation until spraying is complete.
DO NOT leave the spray mix in the sprayer overnight.
|Registered for cultures||Rate||Preharvest Interval|
|Potatoes||300 - 600 ml|
|Tomatoes||400 - 600 ml||1|