Express PRO Herbicide is a combination package of products Metsulfuron Methyl 60 DF and Express SG
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
EXPRESS PRO Herbicide provides control of certain broad-leaved weeds in summerfallow, as a postharvest treatment and on fields to be planted to wheat (spring, durum and winter) and spring barley. EXPRESS PRO Herbicide contains two active ingredients formulated as dry flowable or water soluble granules. It is non-corrosive, non-flammable, non-volatile and does not freeze. EXPRESS PRO Herbicide is to be applied as a uniform broadcast spray using water as a carrier. APPLY WITH GROUND EQUIPMENT ONLY.
Warm, moist growing conditions promote active weed growth and enhance the activity of EXPRESS PRO Herbicide by allowing maximum foliar uptake and contact activity. Weeds hardened off by environmental stress such as cold weather, drought stress or excessive heat may not be adequately controlled or suppressed, and regrowth may occur. EXPRESS PRO Herbicide may only be applied using ground spray equipment. For best results, ensure thorough spray coverage of target weeds.
EXPRESS PRO Herbicide rapidly stops growth of susceptible weeds. However, typical symptoms (discoloration) of dying weeds may not be noticeable for 1 to 3 weeks after application, depending on growing conditions and weed susceptibility. Degree of control and duration of effect depend on weed ensitivity, weed size, spray coverage and growing conditions. Activity of the herbicide mixture may be delayed by cold, dry conditions after application.
DO NOT APPLY EXPRESS PRO HERBICIDE WITH A CARRIER OTHER THAN WATER OR ANY ADDITIVE OTHER THAN THOSE INDICATED ON THIS LABEL. Other carriers may accelerate breakdown of this product and reduce its effectiveness.
DO NOT apply by air.
Field sprayer application:
DO NOT apply during periods of dead calm. Avoid application of this product when winds are gusty.
DO NOT apply with spray droplets smaller than the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE) medium classification. Boom height must be 60 cm or less above the crop or ground.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: READ BEFORE USING
Injury to or loss of desirable trees or vegetation may result from failure to observe the following:
Do not apply, drain or flush equipment on or near desirable trees or other plants, or on areas where their roots may extend, or in locations where the chemical may be washed or moved into contact with their roots.
Do not use on lawns, walks, driveways, recreational grounds or similar areas.
Prevent drift of spray to desirable plants.
Do not contaminate any body of water, including irrigation water that may be used on other crops.
Carefully observe sprayer clean-up instructions, as spray tank residues may damage crops other than wheat and spring barley.
DO NOT APPLY BY AIR. Carefully observe sprayer clean-up instructions, as spray tank residue may damage crops other than wheat (spring, durum and winter) or spring barley.
Fields treated with EXPRESS PRO Herbicide may be seeded to wheat (spring, durum or winter) or spring barley a minimum of 24 hours after application.
The following crops may be seeded 10 months after application: Canola, peas and flax.
Oats may be seeded anytime in the following season.
Fields treated with a post-harvest application of EXPRESS PRO Herbicide in the fall may be seeded in the spring to wheat (spring or durum), spring barley or oats, or fields may be summerfallowed.
Make only one application of EXPRESS PRO Herbicide per season.
CONTROL OF BROADLEAF WEEDS AND GRASSES PRE-SEED TO WHEAT (SPRING, DURUM OR WINTER) AND SPRING BARLEY, IN SUMMERFALLOW AND POST-HARVEST
With any summerfallow or post-harvest treatment, allow at least 10 days to elapse between treatment and tillage.
Only weeds emerged at time of application will be controlled. Weeds must be actively growing at time of application or control may be reduced.
Fields treated with EXPRESS PRO Herbicide can be seeded to wheat (spring, durum or winter) or spring barley a minimum of 24 hours after application.
Apply EXPRESS PRO Herbicide at 17.5 grams per hectare, tank mixed with glyphosate (present as potassium salt, isopropylamine salt, ammonium salt or trimethylsulfonium salt) and adjuvant (where required) in a total spray volume of 55-110 L/ha.
Do not re-enter treated fields until 12 hours after application.
Apply only when the potential for drift to areas of human habitation or areas of human activity (houses, cottages, schools and recreational areas) is minimal. Take into consideration wind speed, wind direction, temperature inversion, application equipment and sprayer settings.
1. Always start with a clean and empty sprayer tank.
2. Fill the tank 1/2 full of clean water.
3. With the agitator running, add the required amount of EXPRESS PRO Herbicide. Continue to agitate for a minimum of 5 minutes to ensure that EXPRESS PRO Herbicide is completely dissolved.
4. Make sure there are no un-dissolved granules, and then add the required amount of the tankmix partner while maintaining agitation.
5. If the tank mix partner is an Emulsifiable Concentrate (EC), reduce agitation to avoid inducing an invert emulsion.
6. Add the rest of the water. Use a minimum spray volume of 55 L/ha.
7. If required for the tank mixture, add surfactant. If an antifoam agent is required, add last.
8. Refer to the section Specific Tank Mix Directions for mixing order and other mixing instructions.
9. For repeat tank loads, reduce the material remaining in the tank to 10% of the original volume or less before proceeding with step 1, because remaining chemicals may prevent EXPRESS PRO Herbicide granules from completely dissolving. If this is not possible, pre-slurry EXPRESS PRO Herbicide in a small amount (5-10 L) of water before adding to the tank. Once dissolved, EXPRESS PRO Herbicide will not settle out, even if the sprayer is parked for long periods of time. Spray preparation should be used within 24 hours or product degradation may occur.
Store product in original container only, away from other pesticides, fertilizer, food or feed. Not for use or storage in or around the home. Keep container closed.
If this is a non-recyclable, non-returnable, non-refillable container:
1. Triple- or pressure-rinse the empty container. Add the rinsings to the spray mixture in the tank.
2. Follow provincial instructions for any required additional cleaning of the container prior to its disposal.
3. Make the empty container unsuitable for further use.
4. Dispose of the container in accordance with provincial requirements.
If this is a refillable container: For disposal, this container may be returned to the point of purchase (distributor/dealer). It must be refilled by the distributor/dealer with the same product. Do not reuse this container for any other purpose.
If this is a returnable container: Do not reuse this container for any other purpose. For disposal, this empty container may be returned to the point of purchase (distributor/dealer).
For all package types: For information on disposal of unused, unwanted product, contact the manufacturer or the provincial regulatory agency. Contact the manufacturer and the provincial regulatory agency in case of a spill, and for clean up of spills.
0 - 0
17.5 - 17.5
0 - 0
17.5 - 17.5
0 - 0
17.5 - 17.5