FirstStep provides control of certain broad-leaved weeds in spring planted wheat (including durum), barley and summerfallow.
Warm, moist growing conditions promote active weed growth and enhance the activity of FirstStep by allowing maximum foliar uptake and contact activity. Weeds hardened off by environmental stress such as cold weather, drought stress or excessive heat may not be adequately controlled or suppressed, and regrowth may occur. FirstStep may only be applied using ground spray equipment. For best results, ensure thorough spray coverage of target weeds.
FirstStep rapidly stops growth of susceptible weeds. However, typical symptoms (discolouration) of dying weeds may not be noticeable for 1 to 3 weeks after application, depending on growing conditions and weed susceptibility. Degree of control and duration of effect depend on weed sensitivity, weed size, spray coverage and growing conditions. Activity of the herbicide mixture may be delayed by cold, dry conditions after application.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Field sprayer application: DO NOT apply during periods of dead calm. Avoid application of this product when winds are gusty. DO NOT apply with spray droplets smaller than the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE) medium classification. Boom height must be 60 cm or less above the crop or ground.
1. Add one-third of the necessary volume of water to the spray tank.
2. With the agitator running, add the required amount of FirstStep.
3. When FirstStep is in suspension, add the required amount of the appropriate tank mix partners.
4. FirstStep + 2,4-D Ester: once FirstStep is completely in suspension, add the required amount of 2,4-D Ester while maintaining agitation. Do not add a surfactant.
FirstStep + Glyphosate (present as potassium salt, isopropylamine salt, ammonium salt or trimethylsulfonium salt): once FirstStep is completely in suspension, add the required amount of glyphosate (present as potassium salt, isopropylamine salt, ammonium salt or trimethylsulfonium salt): while maintaining agitation. Once components are completely mixed, if required, add Agral 90 at 3.5L per 1000 L of spray solution (0.35% v/v)
5. Add the rest of the water. If an antifoam agent is required, add this last.
6. Use a minimum spray volume of 55 L/ha on spring wheat (including durum), barley and summerfallow.
7. For repeat tankloads, reduce the material remaining in the tank to 10% of the original volume or less before proceeding with step 1. If this is not possible, pre-slurry FirstStep in a small amount (5-10 L) of water before adding to the tank.
Continuous agitation is required to keep FirstStep in suspension. If the spray preparation is left standing without agitation, thoroughly agitate to resuspend the mixture before spraying. Use spray preparation within 24 hours or product degradation may occur.
MINIMUM RECROPPING INTERVAL AND CROP ROTATION GUIDELINES
A minimum recrop interval of 2 months should be left between the application of this product and seeding of the next crop. The following crops can be seeded two months after application of FirstStep + 2,4-D Ester: canola, flax, lentils, and alfalfa.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Store products in original containers only, away from fertilizer, seeds, food or feed.
Not for use or storage in or around the home. Keep container closed.
FOR REFILLABLE CONTAINERS:
For disposal, this container may be returned to the point of purchase (distributor/dealer). It must be refilled by the distributor/dealer with the same product. Do not reuse this container for any other purpose.
For information on the disposal of unused, unwanted product, contact the manufacturer or the provincial regulatory agency. Contact the manufacturer and the provincial regulatory agency in case of a spill, and for clean-up of spills.
0 - 0
10 - 10
0 - 0
10 - 10