Flaxmax Herbicide Component of Tank Mix
A component of FlaxMax Herbicide Tank Mix
This herbicide tank mix concept contains:
POAST ULTRA HERBICIDE: Sethoxydim .......................................……………………... 450 g/L
REGISTRATION NO. 25820 PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS ACT
FLAXMAX HERBICIDE: Clopyralid (present as acid) .................…………………… 50 g a.e./L
MCPA (present as 2-ethylhexyl ester) …………………… 280 g a.e./L
REGISTRATION NO. 25819 PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS ACT
For selective control of various broadleaf weeds in flax, excluding low linolenic acid varieties (Prairie Provinces only)
1. Store in original, tightly-closed containers and do not allow water to be introduced into the containers.
2. Do not ship or store near food, feed, seed and fertilizers.
3. Store in cool (above 5 C), dry, locked, well-ventilated area without floor drain. If products are frozen, bring to room temperature and agitate before use.
4. Herbicides should be shipped or stored separately from other pesticides to avoid crosscontamination.
Do not reuse this container for any purpose. This is a recyclable container, and is to be disposed of at a container collection site. Contact your local distributor/dealer or municipality for the location of the nearest collection site. Before taking the container to the collection site:
1. Triple- or pressure-rinse the empty container. Add the rinsings to the spray mixture in the tank.
2. Make the empty, rinsed container unsuitable for further use.
If there is no container collection site in your area, dispose of the container in accordance with provincial requirements.
For information on disposal of unused, unwanted product, contact the manufacturer or the provincial regulatory agency. Contact the manufacturer and the provincial regulatory agency in case of a spill, and for clean-up of spills.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
FLAXMAX Herbicide Tank Mix is a combination tank mix of POAST ULTRA Herbicide and FLAXMAX Herbicide for the control of most broadleaf and grass weeds occurring in flax, excluding low linolenic acid varieties (Prairie Provinces only).
MERGE Adjuvant must be added to this application of FLAXMAX Herbicide Tank Mix.
Apply to flax when the crop is 5 - 15 cm tall. Early spraying will reduce the risk of crop injury. Apply FLAXMAX Herbicide tank mix in 100 L/ha total spray volume by ground equipment at spray pressures of 240 - 275 kPa. For optimum spray coverage, use 80 – 110 stainless steel flat fan nozzles tilted 45 forward to ensure better coverage.
The use of flood jet or hollow cone nozzles is not recommended because of uneven and inadequate spray coverage. Ensure thorough and uniform spray coverage over the entire leaf area of the target weeds.
For best results, apply to actively growing weeds and when crop is small enough to permit thorough spray coverage.
DO NOT APPLY BY AIR.
Do not apply more than once per season.
DO NOT use in greenhouses.
Apply only when the potential for drift to areas of human habitation or areas of human activity such as houses, cottages, schools and recreational areas is minimal. Take into consideration wind speed, wind direction, temperature inversions, application equipment and sprayer settings.
Field Sprayer Application
DO NOT apply during periods of dead calm. Avoid application of this product when winds are gusty. DO NOT apply with spray droplets smaller than the American Society of Agricultural Engineers coarse classification. Boom height must be 60 cm or less above the crop or ground.
SPRAY TANK MIXING SEQUENCE
1. Thoroughly clean the sprayer prior to use. For appropriate cleaning instructions, refer to the label of the product sprayed previously.
2. Fill spray tank half full with clean water. Start agitation system.
3. Add the correct amount of FLAXMAX Herbicide.
4. Add the correct amount of POAST ULTRA Herbicide.
5. Add the correct amount of MERGE Adjuvant, along with the remaining amount of water necessary to fill the spray tank.
6. After filling, continue agitation.
7. After any break in the spraying operation, agitate thoroughly before spraying again. Do not allow the mixture to sit over night.
8. Immediately after use, thoroughly clean the sprayer by rinsing it with clean water.
NOTE: NOT TO BE USED FOR AERIAL APPLICATION.
Flax fields treated with FLAXMAX Herbicide Tank Mix can be seeded to barley, canola, corn, flax, mustard, oats, rye, sugar beets, wheat or should be summerfallowed. Do not seed to crops other than those listed above for at least one year following treatment.
TO REDUCE SPRAY DRIFT
1. Use coarse sprays at low pressures (240 - 275 kPa).
2. Use 100 L/ha of spray solution.
3. Spray when the wind velocity is 16 km/h or less.
|Registered for cultures||Rate||Preharvest Interval|
|Winter flax||875 g||60|
|Spring flax||875 g||60|