Imidan 50-WP Instapak
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
GENERAL USE PRECAUTIONS
Observe use limitation given on the label for specific crops. Regulations of Health and Welfare
Canada have established the maximum residue limits (MRLs) of agricultural chemicals that are permitted to remain on food crops at time of harvest. To avoid exceeding these MRLs, use only the recommended amounts and do not spray nearer to harvest than the number of days indicated for each crop, or not later than the stage indicated. Consult local agricultural authorities for additional information as the timing and number of applications needed will vary with local conditions.
Do not use in low-volume, gear-type spray equipment.
As this product is not registered for the control of pests in aquatic systems, DO NOT use to control aquatic pests.
DO NOT contaminate irrigation or drinking water supplies or aquatic habitats by cleaning of equipment or disposal of wastes.
Water-Soluble Packages Dissolved Directly in Spray tanks:
Water-Soluble Packages (WSPs) are designed to dissolve in water. Agitation may be used, if necessary, to help dissolve the WSP. Failure to follow handling and mixing instructions can increase your exposure to the pesticide products in WSPs.
Follow these steps when handling pesticide products in WSPs.
1. Mix in spray tank only.
2. Handle WSP(s) in a manner that protects package from breakage and/or unintended release of contents.
If package is broken, put on a minimum of coveralls, chemical-resistant gloves, chemical-resistant footwear, and a NIOSH-approved N95 (minimum) filtering facepiece respirator (dust mask) that is properly fit tested and then continue with mixing instructions.
3. Keep the WSP(s) in outer packaging until just before use.
4. Keep the WSP dry prior to adding to the spray tank.
5. Handle with dry gloves and according to the label instructions for PPE.
6. Keep WSP intact. Do not cut or puncture WSP.
7. Reseal the WSP outer packaging to protect any unused WSP(s).
Follow the steps below when mixing this product, including if tank mixed with other pesticide products. If being tank mixed, the mixing directions 1 through 9 below take precedence over the mixing directions of the other tank mix products. All other directions for use of all tank mixed products should be followed provided they do not conflict. Do not tank mix this product with products that prohibit tank mixing or have conflicting mixing directions.
1. If a basket or strainer is present in the tank hatch, remove prior to adding the WSP to the tank.
2. Fill tank with water to approximately one-third to one-half of the desired final volume of spray.
3. Stop adding water and stop any agitation.
4. Place intact/unopened WSP(s) into the tank.
5. Do not spray water from a hose or fill pipe to break or dissolve the WSP(s).
6. Start mechanical and recirculation agitation from the bottom of tank without using any overhead recirculation, if possible. If overhead recirculation cannot be turned off, close the hatch before starting agitation.
7. Dissolving the WSP(s) may take up to 5 minutes or longer, depending on water temperature, water hardness and intensity of agitation.
8. Stop agitation before tank lid is opened.
9. Open the lid to the tank, exercising caution to avoid contact with dusts or spray mix, to verify that the
WSPs have fully dissolved and the contents have been thoroughly mixed into the solution.
10. Do not add other allowed products or complete filling the tank until the bags have fully dissolved and pesticide is thoroughly mixed.
11. Once the WSP have fully dissolved and any other products have been added to the tank, resume filling
the tank with water to the desired level, close the tank lid, and resume agitation.
12. Use the spray solution when mixing is complete.
13. Maintain agitation of the diluted pesticide mix during transport and application.
14. It is unlawful to use any registered pesticide, including WSPs, in a manner inconsistent with its label.
|Registered for cultures||Rate|