VANQUISH herbicide controls deciduous and coniferous brush species and broadleaf weeds in non-cropland areas such as roadsides, hydro, pipeline and railway rights-of-way, airports, military bases, wasteland and turf.
FOR DISPOSAL OF UNUSED, UNWANTED PRODUCT
For information on disposal of unused, unwanted product, contact the manufacturer or the provincial regulatory agency. Contact the manufacturer and the provincial regulatory agency in case of a spill, and for clean-up of spills.
For recyclable containers:
Do not reuse this container for any purpose. This is a recyclable container, and is to be disposed of at a container collection site. Contact your local distributor/dealer or municipality for the location of the nearest collection site. Before taking the container to the collection site:
1. Triple- or pressure-rinse the empty container. Add the rinsings to the spray mixture in the tank.
2. Make the empty, rinsed container unsuitable for further use.
If there is no container collection site in your area, dispose of the container in accordance with provincial requirements.
SPRAY DRIFT PRECAUTIONS:
VANQUISH herbicide may cause injury to desirable trees and plants, particularly soybeans, flowers, fruit trees, grapes, ornamentals, peas, potatoes, tomatoes and tobacco. Follow these precautions when spraying VANQUISH herbicide in areas where sensitive crops are grown.
1. Do not treat areas where downward movement into the soil or surface washing may bring VANQUISH herbicide into contact with the roots of desirable plants.
2. Avoid making applications where spray particles may be carried by air currents onto nearby sensitive crops. Do not spray near sensitive crops when winds are gusty or in excess of 8 km/hour and moving towards sensitive crops. Leave an adequate buffer zone between areas to be treated and sensitive plants.
3. Do not apply VANQUISH herbicide in the vicinity of sensitive crops when the temperature on the day of application is expected to exceed 25 C as drift is more likely to occur.
4. Ensure that spray equipment used to apply VANQUISH herbicide is properly cleaned before reusing to apply any other chemicals.
5. Avoid spraying under conditions of high humidity or fog to prevent drift to adjacent crops.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
For high pressure handwand applications to non-crop areas, applicators must limit volume of solution used per day to 400 L (broadleaf control spot treatment only).
Field Sprayer Application
DO NOT apply during periods of dead calm. Avoid application of this product when winds are gusty. DO NOT apply with spray droplets smaller than the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE) medium/coarse classification (according to the appropriate buffer zone table). Boom height must be 60 cm or less above the crop or ground.
DO NOT apply this product directly to freshwater habitats (such as lakes, rivers, sloughs, ponds, prairie potholes, creeks, marshes, streams reservoirs and wetlands), estuarine or marine habitats.
DO NOT contaminate irrigation or drinking water supplies or aquatic habitats by cleaning of equipment or disposal of wastes.