Captan 38.75 FL
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may be in the area during application. For any requirements specific to your State or Tribe, consult the agency responsible for pesticide regulation.
AGRICULTURAL USE REQUIREMENTS
Use this product only in accordance with its labeling and with the Worker Protection Standard, 40 CFR part 170. This standard contains requirements for the protection of agricultural workers on farms, forests, nurseries, and greenhouses, and handlers of agricultural pesticides. It contains requirements for training, decontamination, notification, and emergency assistance. It also contains specific instructions and exceptions pertaining to the statements on this label about personal protective equipment and restrictedentry intervals. The requirements in this box only apply to uses of this product that are covered by the Worker Protection Standard.
Do not enter or allow worker entry into treated areas during the restricted-entry interval (REI). The REI for each crop is listed in the directions for use associated with each crop. PPE required for early entry to treated areas that is permitted under the Worker Protection Standard and that involves contact with anything that has been treated such as plants, soil, or water, is:
• Chemical-resistant gloves made of any water-proof material
• Shoes plus socks
• Protective eyewear
Double Notification: Notify workers of the application by warning them orally and by posting warning signs at the entrances to treated areas.
Eye Protection: To mitigate eye irritation concerns from post application exposures, the Agency is requiring that, for at least seven days following the application of captan:
1. at least one container designed specifically for flushing eyes must be available in operating condition at the WPS-required decontamination site for workers entering the area treated with captan, and
2. workers must be informed orally, in a manner they can understand:
- that residues in the treated area may be highly irritating to their eyes,
- that they should take precautions, such as refraining from rubbing their eyes, to keep the residues out of their eyes,
- that if they do get residues in their eyes, they should immediately flush their eyes with the eyeflush container that is located at the decontamination site, and
- how to operate the eyeflush container _
NON-AGRICULTURAL USE REQUIREMENTS
The requirements in this box apply to uses of this product that are NOT within the scope of the Worker Protection Standard for agricultural pesticides (40 CFR Part 170). The WPS applies when th-s product is used to produce agricultural plants on farms, forests, nurseries, or greenhouses.
|Registered for cultures