Larvae are grey-green with distinct dark patches around the hairs and grow up to 65 mm long. Younger larvae have dark brown heads and older larvae have black heads. Adults are mottled greyish brown with a wingspan of 35-45 mm. One generation per year.
Damage: Eggs are laid on long grass and larvae live in litter until autumn rains when they construct tunnels in the soil. They come to the surface at night to feed on foliage at ground level.
- Chlorban 500 ECEfficiency: ★★★
- Cyren 500 ECEfficiency: ★★★
- FMC Chlorpyrifos 500Efficiency: ★★★
- Chlorpos 500 ECEfficiency: not_available
- Conquest Chlorpyrifos 500Efficiency: not_available
- Lorsban 500 ECEfficiency: not_available
- Strike-Out 500 ECEfficiency: not_available
- Sumithion 1000ECEfficiency: not_available