Barricade II is a combination package of products: Barricade SG and Perimeter II
FOR SALE FOR USE ON WHEAT (SPRING, WINTER AND DURUM), SPRING BARLEY AND OATS
Store product in original container only, away from other pesticides, fertilizer, food or feed. Not for use or storage in or around the home. Keep container closed.
If this is a cardboard container:
1. Triple- or pressure-rinse the empty container. Add the rinsings to the spray mixture in the tank.
2. Follow provincial instructions for any required additional cleaning of the container prior to its disposal.
3. Make the empty container unsuitable for further use.
4. Dispose of the container in accordance with provincial requirements.
If this is a refillable container: For disposal, this container may be returned to the point of purchase (distributor/dealer). It must be refilled by the distributor/dealer with the same product. Do not reuse this container for any other purpose.
If this is a returnable container: Do not reuse this container for any other purpose. For disposal, this empty container may be returned to the point of purchase (distributor/dealer).
For all package types: For information on disposal of unused, unwanted product, contact the manufacturer or the provincial regulatory agency. Contact the manufacturer and the provincial regulatory agency in case of a spill, and for clean up of spills.
BARRICADE SG is recommended for selective post-emergent control or suppression of broadleaf weeds in wheat (spring, winter and durum), spring barley and oats not underseeded to legumes or grasses, and in certain grasses for forage or seed production.
BARRICADE SG is a 50% active ingredient herbicide formulated as a water soluble granule. It is non-corrosive, non-flammable, non-volatile and does not freeze.
BARRICADE SG is to be mixed with water and a recommended adjuvant and applied as a uniform broadcast spray. Recommended adjuvants are: AGRAL 90, AG-SURF and CITOWETT PLUS. Apply early postemergence, to the main flush of actively growing broadleaf weeds.
Warm, moist growing conditions promote active weed growth and enhance the activity of BARRICADE SG by allowing maximum foliar uptake and contact activity. Weeds hardened off by cold weather or drought stress may not be adequately controlled or suppressed and regrowth may occur. For best results, ensure thorough spray coverage of target weeds. See "DIRECTIONS FOR USE" section of this label for complete use details.
BARRICADE SG stops growth of susceptible weeds rapidly. However, typical symptoms (discolouration) of dying weeds may not be noticeable for 1 to 3 weeks after application, depending upon growing conditions and weed susceptibility. Degree of control and duration of effect are dependent on weed sensitivity, weed size, crop competition, growing conditions at and following treatment, and spray coverage.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: READ BEFORE USING
Injury to or loss of desirable trees or vegetation may result from failure to observe the following:
Do not apply, drain or flush equipment on or near desirable trees or other plants, or on areas where their roots may extend, or in locations where the chemical may be washed or moved into contact with their roots.
Do not use on lawns, walks, driveways, recreational grounds or similar areas.
Prevent drift of spray to desirable plants.
Do not contaminate any body of water, including irrigation water that may be used on other crops.
Carefully observe sprayer clean-up instructions, as spray tank residues may damage crops other than wheat and spring barley.
REPLANTING TO OTHER CROPS
Minimum Crop Rotation Guidelines:
Minimum Interval - Crop
2 months - Canola, Flax, Lentils, Alfalfa
Next crop year - All crops
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Field Sprayer Application: DO NOT apply during periods of dead calm. Avoid application of this product when winds are gusty. DO NOT apply with spray droplets smaller than the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE) medium classification. Boom height must be 60 cm or less above the crop or ground.
Aerial application: DO NOT apply during periods of dead calm. Avoid application of this product when winds are gusty. DO NOT apply when wind speed is greater than 16 km/h at flying height at the site of application. DO NOT apply with spray droplets smaller than the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE) coarse classification. To reduce drift caused by turbulent wingtip vortices, the nozzle distribution along the spray boom length MUST NOT exceed 65% of the wing- or rotorspan.
If the sprayer has been left standing for a period of time agitate thoroughly to re-suspend the tank mix partner before resuming spraying. Spray preparation should be used within 24 hours or product degradation may occur.
Select a spray volume that will ensure thorough coverage and a uniform spray pattern. Use a minimum of 55 L of spray volume per hectare for ground application, and between 25 to 50 L of spray volume per hectare for aerial application. If tank mixing with other herbicides, always consult the label of the tank mix partner(s) for minimum spray volume requirements and apply the tank mixture using a water volume recommended for all products.
1. Always start with a clean and empty sprayer tank.
2. Fill the tank to 2/3 full of clean water.
3. With the agitator running, add the required amount of BARRICADE SG. Continue to agitate for a minimum of 5 minutes to ensure that BARRICADE SG is completely dissolved.
4. Make sure there are no un-dissolved granules, and then add the required amount of the tank mix partner. If the tank mix partner is an Emulsifiable Concentrate (EC), reduce agitation to avoid inducing an invert emulsion.
5. Add the rest of the water.
6. If required for the tank mixture, add the appropriate adjuvant. If an antifoam agent is required, add last.
7. Refer to the tank mix sections of this booklet for mixing order and other mixing instructions.
8. For repeat tank loads, reduce the material remaining in the tank to 10% of the original volume or less before proceeding with step 1, because remaining chemicals may prevent BARRICADE SG granules from completely dissolving or dispersing. If this is not possible, pre-slurry BARRICADE SG in a small amount (5-10 L) of water before adding to the tank.
SPECIAL MIXING INSTRUCTIONS FOR CHEMICAL HANDLERS
1. Ensure the chemical handler is clean (rinsed with ammonia).
2. For best results, add BARRICADE SG to the top of the sprayer tank.
3. If a chemical handler is used, make sure that all of the granules of BARRICADE SG are completely dissolved/dispersed and injected into the main tank with agitation before adding other chemicals.
4. Low water volumes in some chemical handlers can cause the water to become saturated with BARRICADE SG, leaving un-dissolved granules. In that case, rinse the chemical handler with clean water before adding any other chemical.
5. Always dissolve the BARRICADE SG granules with agitation in the main tank before adding a tank mix partner.
NOTE: Follow the clean-out procedure recommended for sprayer tanks for the chemical handler.
0 - 0
30 - 30
0 - 0
30 - 30
0 - 0
30 - 30
0 - 0
0 - 0
0 - 0
0 - 0