A post emergence herbicide for control of broadleaf weeds in spring wheat, durum wheat and barley.
For sale and for use only in the Prairie Provinces and Interior of British Columbia.
Store the product in closed original container in a well-ventilated room. Keep out of reach of children, unauthorised persons and animals. To prevent contamination, store this product away from food or feed.
DECONTAMINATION AND DISPOSAL
For information on disposal of unused, unwanted product, contact the manufacturer or the provincial regulatory agency. Contact the manufacturer and the provincial regulatory agency in case of a spill, and for clean up of spills.
FOR DISPOSAL OF PLASTIC JUGS:
Do not reuse this container for any purpose. This is a recyclable container, and is to be disposed of at a container collection site. Contact your local distributor/dealer or municipality for the location of the nearest collection site. Before taking the container to the collection site:
1. Triple- or pressure-rinse the empty container. Add the rinsings to the spray mixture in the tank.
2. Make the empty, rinsed container unsuitable for further use.
If there is no container collection site in your area, dispose of the container in accordance with provincial requirements.
FOR REFILLABLE CONTAINERS:
For disposal, this empty container may be returned to the point of purchase (distributor/dealer). It must be refilled by the distributor/dealer with the same product. Do not use this container for any other purpose.
Fields previously treated with PULSAR Herbicide can be seeded the following year to barley, canola, flax, forage grasses, lentils, mustard, oats, peas, rye or wheat or fields can be summerfallowed.
PULSAR Herbicide may cause injury to desirable trees and plants, particularly soybeans, flowers, fruit trees, grapes, ornamentals, peas, potatoes, tomatoes and tobacco and other broadleaf crops especially in their developmental and growing stage. Follow these precautions when spraying PULSAR Herbicide in areas where sensitive crops are grown.
1. Avoid making applications where spray particles may be carried by air currents onto nearby sensitive crops. Apply when wind is 3 to 15 km/hr. Do not apply during periods of dead calm or when weather conditions may cause drift from target areas to adjacent sensitive crops. Leave an adequate buffer zone between areas to be treated and sensitive plants.
2. Apply with coarse spray droplets since they are less likely to drift than fine spray droplets. Select nozzles which minimize the amount of fine spray particles. Apply in a minimum of 220 L/ha spray volume and a maximum pressure of 150 kPa unless otherwise required by the nozzle manufacturer.
3. Do not apply PULSAR Herbicide when the temperature on the day of application is expected to exceed 30 C as drift is more likely to occur.
4. Ensure that spray equipment used to apply PULSAR Herbicide is properly cleaned before reusing to apply any other chemicals.
5. Avoid spraying under conditions of high humidity or fog to prevent drift to adjacent crops.
Ground Application only
Apply PULSAR Herbicide alone or in tank mix in at least 110 litres of water/ha.
DO NOT APPLY BY AIR.
PULSAR Herbicide is a systemic, post-emergence herbicide for the selective control of: cleavers, wild buckwheat, kochia, Russian thistle, redroot pigweed (suppression only), lamb's quarter (suppression only), volunteer flax, stork's bill (suppression only) in spring wheat, durum wheat and barley in western Canada.
MODE OF ACTION
PULSAR Herbicide moves within the plant to control both exposed and underground plant tissues. The product controls weeds by disrupting normal plant growth patterns.
Symptoms include epinasty (twisting of the stems) and swollen nodes.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
The use of this chemical may result in contamination of groundwater particularly in areas where soils are permeable (e.g. sandy soil) and/or the depth to the water table is shallow.
To reduce runoff from treated areas into aquatic habitats avoid application to areas with a moderate to steep slope, compacted soil, or clay.
Avoid application when heavy rain is forecast.
Contamination of aquatic areas as a result of runoff may be reduced by including a vegetative strip between the treated area and the edge of the water body.
As this product is not registered for the control of pests in aquatic systems, DO NOT use to control aquatic pests.
DO NOT contaminate irrigation or drinking water supplies or aquatic habitats by cleaning of equipment or disposal of wastes.
Field sprayer application: DO NOT apply during periods of dead calm. Avoid application of this product when winds are gusty. DO NOT apply with spray droplets smaller than the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE) medium classification. Boom height must be 60 cm or less above the crop or ground.
PULSAR Herbicide can be used on all varieties of spring wheat, durum wheat and barley. One application per year is permitted. Apply when crop is in the 2-5 leaf stage.
1. Clean spray tank and half fill with clean water. Start agitation or bypass system.
2. Add correct amount of PULSAR Herbicide, and HORIZON 240EC Tank Mix Herbicide (if being used)and then add the correct amount of MCPA ESTER 600 Herbicide (if being used) and continue to agitate.
3. Agitate for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add correct amount of TRAXOS Herbicide (if being used) and HORIZON NG (if being used).
5. If tank mixing with HORIZON 240EC, add SCORE adjuvant.
6. Agitate additional 1 – 2 minutes.
7. After any break in spraying operations, agitate thoroughly before spraying again.
8. Use the spray suspension as soon as it is prepared.
9. Follow directions and precautions as outlined above, especially when applying next to sensitive crops (e.g., forages, legumes, and canola).
10. Follow sprayer clean-up directions.
1. DO NOT APPLY BY AIRCRAFT.
2. Water Volume: 110 litres per hectare.
3. Spray Nozzles: 80 or 110 flat fan nozzles are recommended for optimal spray coverage. Use 50 mesh nozzle screens. Do not use flood type nozzles, controlled droplet application equipment, spray foils or hollow cone nozzles.
4. Pressure: 275 - 310 kPa.
5. Apply uniformly at 6 - 8 km/hr and avoid overlapping. Shut off spray boom while starting, turning, slowing or stopping to prevent crop injury from an over application.
0 - 0
0.607 - 0.917
0 - 0
0.607 - 0.917
0 - 0
0.607 - 0.917