TRICOR LQ is a liquid formulation of TRICOR, a Group 5 herbicide with a proven track record of controlling a wide range of annual grass and broadleaf weeds in soybeans, potatoes, and pulse crops. It offers early, pre-emergent control as well as season-long control of annuals. The LQ formulation provides a great option for growers and custom applicators who prefer to use liquids in their weed management programs.
GENERAL INFORMATION PRECAUTIONS
• Harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through skin.
• Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or clothing.
• Avoid breathing dust or spray mist.
• Users should wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
• Users should remove clothing immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
• Wash contaminated clothing with soap and hot water before re-use.
• Wash skin thoroughly with soap and warm water after handling.
• Do not contaminate any body of water.
• Do not contaminate food or feed.
• Read and follow label instructions and directives. Wear a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, chemical-resistant gloves, socks and shoes during mixing, loading, application, clean-up and repair. Gloves are not required during application within a closed cab. NOTE:
• Users should remove personal protective equipment immediately after handling this product. Wash the outside of the gloves before removing. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
• Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE MIXING AND SPRAYING INSTRUCTIONS
• It is essential that the sprayer be properly calibrated before making application.
• Spray Pressure - 150 to 275 kPa; for lentils, pea, and processing pea use 275 kPa only.
• Spray Volume - refer to appropriate crop section for water volume.
• Use screens no finer than 0.3 mm (50 mesh) in nozzle and in-line strainers (felt filters, or smaller screens will become clogged). A 16 mesh screen is recommended for the filter on the inlet side of the pump.
• Nozzle tips should be no finer than 6502, 8002 or TK 2.
• Do not use airblast or other high pressure spray equipment to apply TRICOR LQ Herbicide.
• VIGOROUS, CONTINUOUS AGITATION IS ESSENTIAL FOR PROPER MIXING THROUGHOUT FILLING AND SPRAYING OPERATIONS. Return line agitation is not sufficient. Sparge tube, jet or mechanical agitation is required. Agitation should be sufficient to create a rippling or rolling action on the surface. A pump must be of sufficient capacity to provide adequate volume through the by-pass and/or jet agitation system to provide sufficient agitation even while the booms are operating.
• The sprayer should be checked frequently during application to be sure it is working properly and delivering a uniform spray pattern.
• Avoid over-laps that will increase dosages above those recommended.
• DO NOT APPLY USING AERIAL APPLICATION EQUIPMENT. Before mixing TRICOR LQ Herbicide and its labelled tank-mixtures, examine the spray equipment making sure it is completely clean and free of rust or corrosion. To ensure the equipment is free of any residues from previously used pesticides, flush lines with clean water or recommended detergents. Use an approved method for disposing of rinse water. When applied as a tank-mix combination, read and observe all label directions, including rates, personal protective equipment, restrictions and precautions for each product used in the tank-mix. Always use in accordance with the most restrictive label restrictions and precautions. Refer to the other product label for pertinent recommendations regarding mixing procedures. The proper mixing sequence for TRICOR LQ Herbicide and recommended tank-mixtures is as follows:
1. Fill the spray tank or nurse tank 1/4 full with water.
2. Start recirculation and agitation system and continue throughout mixing and application.
3. Add recommended amount of TRICOR LQ Herbicide.
4. If tank-mixing with wettable powders or other dry flowable products refer to these product labels for specific mixing instructions.
5. Fill the spray tank with water to the desired level.
6. If tank-mixing with emulsifiable concentrates or soluble products, add these products near end of filling the spray tank.
7. Continue agitation during transport and application until the spray tank is empty. TRICOR LQ Herbicide and all registered mixtures should be kept agitated once mixed and then sprayed out immediately. Do not allow mixtures to stand for prolonged periods of time. Water quality, pH, temperature and/or other components of the mixture may affect how long the mixture can stand before application.4 NOTE: If spraying and agitation is stopped before the spray tank is empty, the suspended material will settle to the bottom of the tank. When spraying must be interrupted, it is recommended to maintain agitation until spraying resumes. If agitation must be stopped before the spray tank is empty, follow these steps to resume spraying:
1. Remove main filter.
2. Mechanically mix spray solution (i.e., paddle) prior to restarting pump. Ensure that loose sediment is moved out to the sump area.
3. Start agitation on full.
4. Paddle corners of the tank.
5. Reinstall main filter. At the end of each spray day, rinse out the tank and sprayer lines with water.
|Registered for cultures|