Nufarm Trophy Herbicide
FOR SALE FOR USE ONLY IN THE PRAIRIE PROVINCES AND PEACE RIVER REGION OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
FOR SALE FOR USE IN WINTER WHEAT IN ONTARIO ONLY
Trophy Herbicide is a selective postemergence herbicide for the control of a wide spectrum of broadleaved weeds in spring wheat, durum wheat, and spring barley.
This co-package contains:
Trophy A Herbicide
REGISTRATION NO. 27246 PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS ACT
GUARANTEE : fluroxypyr, present as 1-metylheptyl ester 180 g/L
Trophy B Herbicide
REGISTRATION NO. 27245 PEST CONTROL PRODUCTS ACT
GUARANTEE: MCPA, present as 2-ethyl hexyl ester 500 g a.e./L
Trophy Herbicide is a selective postemergence herbicide for the control of broadleaved weeds in spring wheat, durum wheat, and spring barley (not underseeded to legumes).
The components of Trophy Herbicide move within the plant for contact of exposed and underground plant tissues. It controls weeds by disrupting normal plant growth patterns. Symptoms of weeds include epinesty (twisting of the stems) and swollen nodes.
Trophy Herbicide activity is influenced by weather conditions. Optimum activity requires active crop and weed growth. The temperature range for optimum activity is 12 C to 24 C. Reduced activity will occur when temperatures are below 8 C or above 27 C. Frost before application (3 days) or shortly after (3 days) may reduce weed control and crop tolerance. Weed control may be reduced during stress conditions, e.g., drought, heat or cold stress, or if weeds have initiated flowering, or if heavy infestations exist.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
READ THE ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE USE. FAILURE TO FOLLOW LABEL INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN ERRATIC WEED CONTROL OR CROP DAMAGE. DO NOT APPLY TO CROPS UNDERSEEDED WITH LEGUMES.
Field sprayer application
DO NOT apply during periods of dead calm. Avoid application of this product when winds are gusty. DO NOT apply with spray droplets smaller than the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE) coarse classification. Boom height must be 60 cm or less above the crop or ground.
To reduce spray drift
- Use low pressures (200 to 275 kPa).
- Use 100 L/ha of spray solution.
- Spray when the wind velocity is 15 km/hr or less.
- Spot treatments should only be applied with a calibrated boom to prevent over-application.
- Do not permit any grazing within 7 days after application.
- Do not cut hay within 7 days after application.
- Withdraw meat animals from treated fields at least 3 days before slaughter.
- Do not harvest the treated crop within 60 days after application.
Restricted Entry Interval (REI)
- All crops – 12-hour REI
For control of a wide spectrum of broadleaved weeds, apply Trophy A at 0.6 L/ha mixed with Trophy B at 1.12 L/ha in a minimum of 100 L of water per hectare to thoroughly cover the weeds. A maximum of 1 application per year.
Spring wheat, durum wheat, and spring barley
1. Fill sprayer tank 1/2 full of water
2. Start sprayer tank agitation
3. Add the required amount of Trophy A, continue agitation
4. Add the required amount of Trophy B, continue agitation
5. Fill the sprayer tank with sufficient water to spray 100 L of spray mixture per hectare.
Apply postemergence when weeds are in the seedling stage (2-4 leaf) and when spring wheat, durum wheat, and spring barley are in the 3-leaf to flag-leaf stage. Application before the 3-leaf stage of wheat and barley may cause severe twisting of leaves and stem, and head deformities which may reduce yield up to 10%. Do not apply later than the flag-leaf stage. Do not apply to cereals underseeded with a legume.
0 - 0
0.6 - 0.6
0 - 0
0.6 - 0.6