Pendant 3.3EC Herbicide
Directions For Use
It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. This label must be in the possession of the user at the time of pesticide application. Observe all cautions and limitations in this label and the labels of products used in combination with Prowl 3.3 EC herbicide. The use of Prowl 3.3 EC not consistent with this label can result in injury to crops, animals, or persons.
Keep containers closed to avoid spills and contamination.
DO NOT apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift. Only protected handlers may be in the area during application. For any requirements specific to your state or tribe, consult the agency responsible for pesticide protection. DO NOT allow spray to drift from the application site and contact people, structures people occupy at any time and the associated property, parks and recreation areas, nontarget crops, aquatic and wetland areas, woodlands, pastures, rangelands, or animals.
DO NOT enter or allow other people (or pets) to enter the treated area until sprays have dried.
BASF intends that this product may not be used for manufacturing products for application to turf and ornamentals.
BASF does not recommend or authorize the use of this product in manufacturing, processing or preparing custom blends with other products for application to field and row crops or to orchard, grove, and vineyard crops.
Prowl 3.3 EC herbicide is a selective herbicide for controlling most annual grasses and certain broadleaf weeds as they germinate. Refer to Table 1 for a complete list of controlled weeds. Prowl 3.3 EC will not control established weeds.
Unusually cold, excessively wet, or hot and dry conditions that delay germination or extend germination over a long period of time can reduce weed control.
Overapplication can result in crop-stand loss, crop injury, or soil residues.
Uneven application or improper soil incorporation can decrease weed control or cause crop injury. Soil incorporation deeper than recommended can reduce weed control. Seedling diseases, cold weather, excessive moisture, shallow or deep planting, low or high soil pH, high soil salt concentration, or drought can weaken seedlings and plants and increase the possibility of crop damage from Prowl 3.3 EC. Under these conditions, crop yields can be reduced.
Mode of Action
Prowl 3.3 EC is a meristematic inhibitor that interferes with the plant's cellular division or mitosis. This and/or other products with the meristematic inhibiting mode of action may not effectively control naturally occurring biotypes of some of the weeds listed on this label. A weed biotype is a naturally occurring plant within a given species that has a slightly different, but distinct, genetic makeup from other plants. Other herbicides with the meristematic inhibiting mode of action include other dinitroaniline herbicides, such as trifluralin. If naturally occurring meristematic inhibiting resistant biotypes are present in a field, Prowl 3.3 EC and/or any other meristematic inhibiting mode of action herbicide should be tank mixed or applied sequentially with an appropriate registered herbicide having a different mode of action to ensure control.
Restrictions and Limitations
• DO NOT exceed the maximum labeled rate for any soil type.
• Prowl 3.3 EC will not control established weeds. Destroy emerged weeds prior to application.
• Prowl 3.3 EC is most effective in controlling weeds mechanically incorporated or when incorporated into the weed germination zone by adequate rainfall or overhead irrigation after application.
• When using tank mixtures with Prowl 3.3 EC, always read the companion product label(s) to determine the specific use rates by soil types, weed species, and weed or crop growth stage. In addition, follow all precautions and restrictions including state and local use restrictions that may apply to specific products. Always follow the most restrictive label.
• In the event of a crop loss due to adverse weather conditions or other reasons, any crop registered for a preplant incorporated application of Prowl 3.3 EC can be replanted without adverse effects the same year (see Cropspecific Information for exceptions). If replanting is necessary, DO NOT work the soil deeper than the treated zone.
• Refer to Crop-specific Information for crop-specific preharvest intervals and feeding and grazing restrictions.
|Registered for cultures|