DuPont PREQUEL herbicide must be used only in accordance with instructions on this label or in supplemental DuPont publications. DuPont will not be responsible for losses or damage resulting from use of this product in any manner not specifically specified by DuPont. PREQUEL herbicide is a water dispersible granule containing 45% active ingredients by weight. PREQUEL is a selective herbicide for burndown and residual control of certain annual grass and broadleaf weeds when applied preemergence to field corn. PREQUEL can be tank mixed with a variety of corn herbicides to improve burndown and residual control of weeds.
PREQUEL is absorbed through the roots of plants, rapidly inhibiting the growth of susceptible weeds. Rainfall or sprinkler irrigation is needed to move PREQUEL into the soil. Susceptible weeds will generally not emerge from preemergence application. In some cases susceptible weeds may germinate and emerge a few days after application, but growth then ceases and leaves become chlorotic three to five days after emergence. Death of leaf tissue and growing point will follow in some species, while others will remain green but stunted and noncompetitive. PREQUEL treatments are most effective in controlling weeds when adequate rainfall is received within 14 days after application. If cultivation is necessary because of soil crusting, soil compaction or weed germination before rain occurs, use shallow tillage such as rotary hoeing to lightly incorporate PREQUEL. Make certain corn seeds are below the tilled area. PREQUEL is best used in a planned sequential application herbicide program such as PREQUEL followed by an incrop application of DuPont ACCENT Q, DuPont REALM Q, DuPont RESOLVE Q, DuPont REVULIN Q, DuPont STEADFAST Q or glyphosate such as ABUNDIT brands. Refer to the label of the respective sequential partner for specific use directions.
Plant corn at least 1.5 inches deep. Corn seed must be completely covered with soil with a firmed furrow. Apply PREQUEL preplant or preemergence to field corn hybrids with a relative maturity (RM) of 77 days or more, including “food grade” (yellow dent, hard endosperm), waxy and High-Oil corn. Not all field corn hybrids of less than 77 days RM, and not all white corn hybrids nor Hi-Lysine hybrids have been tested for crop safety, nor does DuPont have access to all seed company data. Consequently, injury arising from the use of PREQUEL on these types of corn is the responsibility of the user. Consult with your seed supplier before applying PREQUEL to any of these corn types. Seed company publications indicate “Warning”, “Crop Response Warning”, or “Sensitive” notations for the use of some ALS
herbicides on corn hybrids of 77 CRM or higher. As noted in the seed company publications, DuPont sulfonylurea herbicides such as PREQUEL should be used with caution on these hybrids.
SOIL INSECTICIDE INTERACTION
• PREQUEL herbicide may interact with certain insecticides previously applied to the crop. Crop response varies with field corn type, insecticide used, insecticide application method, and soil type.
• PREQUEL may be applied to corn previously treated with “Fortress”, “Aztec”, or “Force” insecticides or nonorganophosphate soil insecticides regardless of soil type.
• PREQUEL may be applied with pyrethroid type insecticides such as “Asana” or “Warrior” or with diamide type insecticides such as DuPont PREVATHON.
• Preplant/Preemergence applications of PREQUEL to field crops where an application of “Lorsban" or “Thimet” is planned may cause unacceptable crop injury, especially on soils of less than 4% organic matter.
• Allow at least 45 days between a preemergence or preplant application of PREQUEL and application of the organophosphate insecticide terbufos ("Counter") since crop injury may result. Crop response may increase and crop recovery may be slowed when corn is grown under conditions that inhibit crop growth. Such conditions include extremely wet, cold, or dry soils, high pH, or low fertility. DuPont PREQUEL herbicide applications to coarse soils with organic matter of less than 1.5% by weight or pH greater than 7.5 may cause adverse crop response.
Do not apply preplant or preemergence to field corn grown for seed, popcorn or sweet corn.
Do not apply preemergence to coarse-textured soils (sand, loamy sand or sandy loam) with less than 1% organic matter.
Do not apply more than 1.66 - 2.5 ounces of PREQUEL per acre per year.
Do not exceed the full labeled rate for the soil type. Two applications totaling the fully labeled PREQUEL rate may be made in a growing season.
Do not apply more than a total of 1.0 oz. active ingredient rimsulfuron per acre during the crop year. This includes combinations of preemergence applications of PREQUEL, as well as rimsulfuron from application(s) of products such as DuPont ALLUVEX, DuPont BASIS Blend, DuPont INSTIGATE, DuPont LEADOFF, DuPont REALM Q,
DuPont RESOLVE Q, or DuPont STEADFAST Q.
Do not exceed 0.094 pounds active ingredient isoxaflutole per acre per crop year from all sources.
Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
Do not irrigate PREQUEL herbicide into coarse soils at planting time when soils are saturated.
Do not use flood or furrow irrigation to apply, activate or incorporate this product.
Do not apply this product using aerial application equipment.
In the States of AL, AR, CO, DE, KS, KY, LA, MO, MS, NC, NM, OK, SC, TN, TX, VA and WV, if the water table (i.e., level of saturation) is less than 25 feet below the ground surface, do not use on loamy sand or sand surface soil and subsoils with an average organic matter (in the upper 12 inches) of less than 2% by weight. In the States of IA, IL, IN, MT, ND, NE, NJ, OH, PA, SD and WY, if the water table (i.e., level of saturation) is less than 25 feet below the ground surface, do not use on sandy loam, loamy sand or sand surface soils and subsoils with an average organic matter (in the upper 12 inches) of less than 2% by weight.
Use on clay knolls, eroded hill sides, terracing with scraped exposed subsoil, or other areas of coarser and/or lower organic matter soils, may cause adverse crop response. To prevent offsite movement of soil containing this product to non-target areas, do not apply PREQUEL herbicide to areas receiving less than 15 inches of average annual precipitation unless supplemented to at least the equivalent of 15 inches of annual precipitation with irrigation water.
Do not graze, feed forage, grain or fodder (stover) from treated areas to livestock within 30 days of PREQUEL application.
Injury or loss of desirable trees or vegetation may result from failure to observe the following:
- Do not apply PREQUEL or drain or flush application equipment on or near desirable trees or other plants, or on areas where their roots may extend, or in locations where the chemical may be washed or moved into contact with their roots.
- Do not use on lawns, walks, driveways, tennis courts, or similar areas.
- Prevent drift or spray to desirable plants.
- Do not contaminate any body of water.
- Thoroughly clean application equipment immediately after use. (See Sprayer Cleanup section of this label for instructions).
|Registered for cultures|