Traxos Two Broadleaf Component
Traxos Two Broadleaf Component provides postemergence control of a broad spectrum of broadleaf weeds including cleavers, kochia and wild buckwheat in spring wheat and durum wheat.
Store in original containers in a secure, dry heated storage. If product is frozen, bring to room temperature and agitate before use. Do not allow contamination of seeds, plants, fertilizers or other pesticides. Do not contaminate food, feedstuffs or domestic water supplies. If containers are damaged or spill occurs, use the product immediately or contain the spill with absorbent materials and dispose of waste.
For information on disposal of unused, unwanted product, contact the manufacturer or the provincial regulatory agency. Contact the manufacturer and the provincial regulatory agency in case of a spill, and for clean-up of spills.
Recyclable Containers: Do not reuse this container for any purpose. This is a recyclable container, and is to be disposed of at a container collection site. Contact your local distributor/dealer or municipality for the location of the nearest collection site. Before taking the container to the collection site:
1. Triple- or pressure-rinse the empty container. Add the rinsings to the spray mixture in the tank.
2. Make the empty, rinsed container unsuitable for further use.
If there is no container collection site in your area, dispose of the container in accordance with provincial requirements.
Returnable Containers: Do not reuse this container for any purpose. For disposal, this empty container may be returned to the point of purchase (distributor/dealer).
Refillable Containers: For disposal, this container may be returned to the point of purchase (distributor/dealer). It must be refilled by the distributor/dealer with the same product. Do not reuse this container for any other purpose.
TraxosTwo Broadleaf Component is a selective postemergence herbicide for the control of broadleaf weeds in spring wheat and durum wheat (not underseeded to legumes). TraxosTwo Broadleaf Component provides control of hard-to-kill annual broadleaf weeds such as cleavers, wild buckwheat and kochia (including populations resistant to Group 2 herbicides). The components of TraxosTwo Broadleaf Component move within the plant to control exposed and underground plant tissues. It mimics naturally occurring plant hormones which control weeds by disrupting normal plant growth patterns. Symptoms of effect include epinasty (twisting of the stems) and swollen nodes.
GENERAL USE PRECAUTIONS
READ THE ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE USE. FAILURE TO FOLLOW LABEL INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN ERRATIC WEED CONTROL OR CROP DAMAGE. DO NOT APPLY TO CROPS UNDERSEEDED WITH LEGUMES.
To minimize spray drift to non-target areas
1. Minimize drift by using sufficient spray volume to ensure coverage with ASAE coarse droplet size spray.
2. Keep ground-driven spray booms as low as possible and not exceeding 60 cm above the target surface.
3. Spray when wind is less that 8 km/hr.
4. Do not spray in dead calm near sensitive plants. The “cloud” of suspended droplets may drift onto sensitive plants when the wind comes up. Spray only when wind is blowing away from a sensitive crop, shelterbelt or garden.
Apply only when then potential for drift to areas of human habitation or areas of human activity such as houses, cottages, schools and recreational areas is minimal. Take into consideration wind speed, wind direction, temperature inversions, application equipment and sprayer settings.
Extreme growing conditions such as drought or near freezing temperatures prior to, at and following time of application may reduce weed control and increase the risk of crop injury at all stages of growth.
Wet foliage at the time of application may result in reduced weed control.
Over-application may result in crop injury.
Make only 1 application per year.
Do not apply through any type of irrigation system.
Restricted Entry Interval (REI)
All crops—12-hour REI
Equipment used to apply TraxosTwo Broadleaf Component should not be used to apply other pesticides to sensitive crops without thorough cleaning. To avoid subsequent injury to crops other than cereals, all spraying equipment must be thoroughly cleaned both inside and out, as follows:
1. Immediately after spraying, drain. Any contamination on the outside of the spraying equipment should be removed by washing with clean water.
2. Rinse inside of tank with clean water and flush through booms and hoses using at least one tenth of the spray tank volume. Drain tank completely.
3. Add 1 L of household ammonia (containing a minimum of 3 % ammonia) per 100 L of water while filling the tank with clean water. Agitate and then briefly flush the boom and hoses with the cleaning solution. Top up with water making sure the tank is completely full and allow to stand for 15 minutes with agitation. Flush the boom and hoses and drain tank completely.
4. Remove nozzles and screens and clean separately with an ammonia solution (100 mL in 10 L water).
5. Rinse the tank with clean water and flush through the boom and hoses using at least one tenth of the spray tank volume. Drain tank completely.
Note: If it is not possible to drain the tank completely, step 3 must be repeated before going onto step 4.
Caution: Do not use ammonia with chlorine bleach. Using ammonia with chlorine bleach will release a gas with a musty chlorine odour which may cause eye, nose, throat, and lung irritation. Do not clean equipment in an enclosed area.
Do not apply TraxosTwo Broadleaf Component directly to, or otherwise permit it to come in direct contact with susceptible crops or desirable plants including alfalfa, edible beans, canola, flowers and ornamentals, lentil, lettuce, peas, potatoes, radishes, soybeans, sugar beets, sunflowers, tomatoes or tobacco.
Fields previously treated with TraxosTwo Broadleaf Component can be seeded the following year to alfalfa, barley, canola, corn, dry beans, flax, forage grasses, lentils, mustard, oats, peas, potatoes, rye, soybeans, sugar beets, sunflowers and wheat or fields can be summerfallowed.
- Do not permit lactating dairy animals to graze fields within 7 days after application.
- Do not harvest forage or cut hay within 30 days after application.
- Withdraw meat animals from treated fields at least 3 days before slaughter.
- Do not harvest the treated mature crop within 60 days after application.
In some cases, tank mixing a pest control product with another pest control product or a fertilizer can result in biological effects that could include, but are not limited to: reduced pest efficacy or increased host crop injury. The user should contact Syngenta Canada Inc. at 1-87-SYNGENTA (1-877-964-3682) for information before mixing any pesticide or fertilizer that is not specifically recommended on this label. The user assumes the risk of losses that result from the use of tank mixes that do not appear on this label or that are not specifically recommended by Syngenta Canada Inc.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
As this product is not registered for the control of pests in aquatic systems, DO NOT use to control aquatic pests.
DO NOT contaminate irrigation or drinking water supplies or aquatic habitats by cleaning of equipment or disposal of wastes.
Field sprayer application
DO NOT apply during periods of dead calm. Avoid application of this product when winds are gusty. DO NOT apply with spray droplets smaller than the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE) coarse classification. Boom height must be 60 cm or less above the crop or ground.
DO NOT apply during periods of dead calm. Avoid application of this product when winds are gusty. DO NOT apply when wind speed is greater than 16 kh/h at flying height at the site of application. DO NOT apply with spray droplets smaller than the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE) coarse classification. To reduce drift caused by turbulent wingtip vortices, the nozzle distribution along the spray boom length MUST NOT exceeds 65% of the wing or rotorspan.
TraxosTwo Broadleaf Component ALONE
Apply TraxosTwo Broadleaf Component in a uniform spray with ground or aerial application equipment (see Application Directions sections) containing 1.1 L/ha of TraxosTwo Broadleaf Component.
Timing of Application
Apply postemergence when weeds are in the seedling stage (2-4 leaf, unless otherwise noted), and actively growing, and when spring wheat and durum wheat are in the 4-leaf to flag-leaf stage. Application before the 4-leaf stage of wheat may cause severe twisting of leaves and leaf, stem and head deformities which may reduce yield up to 10%. Do not apply later than the flag-leaf stage. Maximum 1 application per year.
NOTE: TraxosTwo Broadleaf Component activity is influenced by weather conditions. Optimum activity requires active crop and weed growth. The temperature range for optimum activity is 12 C to 24 C. Reduced activity will occur when temperatures are below 8 C or above 27 C. Frost before application (3 days) or shortly after (3 days) may reduce weed control and crop tolerance. Weed control may be reduced during stress conditions, e.g. drought, heat or cold stress, or if weeds have initiated flowering, or if heavy infestations exist.
APPLICATION DIRECTIONS (GROUND AND AERIAL APPLICATIONS)
(1) Ground Application
Using ground equipment, apply TraxosTwo Broadleaf Component alone or with tank mix partners as a broadcast treatment. Apply TraxosTwo Broadleaf Component alone at the recommended rates in a spray volume of 30-100 L water/ha. When tank mixing refer to the label of the tank mix partner label for additional instructions, water volumes, precautions and weeds controlled.
(2) Aerial Application
Do not use human flaggers.
Use TraxosTwo Broadleaf Component alone or tank mixed with a product registered for aerial application as a broadcast treatment. Apply in a spray volume of 30-50 L water/ha. Refer to the tank mix partner label for additional instructions, precautions and weeds controlled.
Apply only by fixed-wing or rotary aircraft equipment which has been functionally and operationally calibrated for the atmospheric conditions of the area and the application rates and conditions of this label.
Label rates, conditions and precautions are product specific. Read and understand the entire label before opening this product. Apply only at the rate recommended for aerial application on this label. Where no rate for aerial application appears for the specific use, this product cannot be applied by any type of aerial equipment.
Ensure uniform application. To avoid streaked, uneven or overlapped application, use appropriate swath marking devices.
Apply only when meteorological conditions at the treatment site allow for complete and even coverage. Apply only under conditions of good practice specific to aerial application as outlined in the National Aerial Pesticide Application Manual, developed by the Federal/Provincial/Territorial Committee on Pest Management and Pesticides.
Do not allow the pilot to mix chemicals to be loaded onto the aircraft. Loading of premixed chemicals with a closed system is permitted.
It is desirable that the pilot have communication capabilities at each treatment site at the time of application.
The field crew and the mixer/loaders must wear chemical resistant gloves, coveralls and goggles or face shield during mixing/loading, cleanup and repair. Follow the more stringent label precautions in cases where the operator precautions exceed the generic label recommendations on the existing ground boom label.
All personnel on the job site must wash hands and face thoroughly before eating and drinking. Protective clothing should be laundered regularly.
Product Specific Precautions
Read and understand the entire label before opening this product. If you have questions, call Syngenta Canada Inc. at 1-877-964-3682 or obtain technical advice from the distributor or your provincial agricultural representative. Application of this specific product must meet and/or conform to the following:
- The interaction of many equipment-and-weather-related factors determine the potential for spray drift. Users are responsible for considering all these factors when making decisions.
- The following drift management requirement must be followed to avoid off-target drift movement from aerial applications: Nozzles must always point backward parallel with the air stream and never be pointed downwards more than 45 degrees.
TANK-MIX OF TraxosTwo Broadleaf Component WITH 2,4-D ESTER HERBICIDE
To control or suppress the following additional weeds apply a uniform spray containing 1.1 L/ha of TraxosTwo Broadleaf Component and 140 g a.e./ha of 2,4-D ester herbicide (equivalent to 0.2 L/ha of 2,4-D LV 700) in a total spray volume of 50-100 L water/ha for ground application and in a total spray volume of 30-50 L water/ha for aerial application.
1. Fill sprayer tank 1/2 full of water.
2. Start sprayer tank agitation.
3. Add the required number of jugs of TraxosTwo Broadleaf Component.
4. If required, Add the required number of jugs of 2,4-D ester herbicide
5. Complete filling the sprayer tank with sufficient water to spray 100 L of spray mixture per hectare.
6. Follow sprayer directions and precautions as outlined above, especially when applying next to sensitive crops (e.g., canola and legumes).
7. Follow sprayer clean-up directions as listed.
0 - 0
1.1 - 1.1
0 - 0
1.1 - 1.1