Bushy, clumped plant, distinct trunks absent, clumps usually <1.5 m high; segments mostly <20 cm long, mostly dull bluish green to green but not glaucous. Segments elliptic to obovate, compressed, 10–30 cm long, 7–20 cm wide.
Leaves 3–4 mm long, shed early. Areoles filled with brownish woolly hairs; glochids short; spines 0–11, 1–5 cm long.
Fruit usually obovoid, depressed at apex, tapering to a slender base, 4–5 cm long, dark purple, edible if glochids removed.
- FMC Triclopyr 600Efficiency: ★★★
- Nadal ExtraEfficiency: ★★★
- Rotam Bogen 600 ECEfficiency: ★★★
- Safari 600 ECEfficiency: ★★★
- TriclopsEfficiency: ★★★
- Barmac MonopolyEfficiency: not_available
- ConquerorEfficiency: not_available
- DaconateEfficiency: not_available
- Daconate 720Efficiency: not_available
- Grando 600Efficiency: not_available
- HatchetEfficiency: not_available
- Maca 600Efficiency: not_available
- Redeem 600Efficiency: not_available
- Stuka FlexiEfficiency: not_available
- Tripicloram 400Efficiency: not_available
- Tripyr 600 ECEfficiency: not_available